Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TG Member - Please Help!!!

Fellow TG members-
    Can I use a microphone INSTEAD of a headset to communciate with team/squad members? And is that what everyone is recommending (specifically what microphone)? I have been playing with 5.1 surround sound on my system and would like to keep it that way. I preordered BF2 and it came with the Logitech headset. The sound quality on that headset is not terrible but would prefer my stand alone speakers. Essentially, I would like to listen to the game and teammates thru all five of my speakers and talk back to my squad thru the microphone. Is this possible?

-Thanks for all the help - I am looking forward to playing some great games with everyone!

-TFKD
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: New TG Member - Please Help!!!

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath
    Essentially, I would like to listen to the game and teammates thru all five of my speakers and talk back to my squad thru the microphone. Is this possible?
    Yes! It's possible. Just plug your mic into your sound card like normal and then figure out a way to make sure it's infront of your face when you need to talk!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Ok, here's what I do...

I use 5.1 sound and a directional mic only headset.
      I use a Labtec LVA-7331 headset, it only has a mic. That way I can use my speakers and use the mic at the same time. :)
      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Using a standalone microphone is possible, as all a headset is is a standalone microphone wired through a piece of plastic you put around your head. Both are the same as far as your computer is concerned.

Using a headset is a service to your teammates, as they don't have to hear your game (coming out of your standalone speakers and into your standalone microphone) when you talk on your standalone microphone.

If you're going to use standalone speakers and a standalone microphone, please do us all the service that is setting your speaker volume such that we don't hear your game when you talk on your microphone.

If you fail to do this, you'll be average, which is just fine. But if you do manage to set your speaker volume such that your teammates don't hear your game over voicecomm when you talk, you'll be above average as far as I'm concerned.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X