Project Reality System Freeze

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality System Freeze

Within the past few weeks, whenever I play on Project Reality, my laptop will simply lock up. It will make a low buzzing noise, the screen will freeze, and everything stops responding. The only solution is a hard restart. It has happened without fail everytime I play for the past few weeks. Sometimes I can play for an hour, sometime seven longer. Other times, I'll be in there for a few minutes at the most. I just redownloaded my video and sound drivers, and I checked the event logs. I did not see anything out of the ordinary except for the entries telling me that the last system shutdown was unexpected. However, I did not know exactly what I was looking for. Anybody have any ideas of what might be causing this, and what might be a good thing to look for in the event logs?
    GEORGE CARLIN QUOTE OF THE MONTH: "The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment."

XBox LIVE GT: Wrath 228. Feel free to friend request, just let me know you're from TG.

Re: Project Reality System Freeze

Have you check your temperatures of your CPU and GPU, while you play ?
    If they are good, have try to re-install bf2+PR (in the right order) if you have not tried that aswell.

Keep posting what you have done, to solve the problems and eventually we should find out whats causing it

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

The temperatures are ok, but now that you bring up the CPU, I've seen some things about Battlefield 2 having problems with multi-core CPUs. I'm not sure how true this is, seeing as gaming practically requires multiple cores these days, but I'm not going to rule much out at this point. Anybody know anything about that?

As for the reinstallation solution, I'm going to try that now and get back to you.
      GEORGE CARLIN QUOTE OF THE MONTH: "The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment."

XBox LIVE GT: Wrath 228. Feel free to friend request, just let me know you're from TG.

Comment

Ok, I couldn't figure out how to edit posts, so I have to double post. Sorry.

Anyway, I tried a complete reinstall of both BF2 and PR, and I just played a game for about an hour before it did it again. I know it can't be temperature related, because it is very well ventilated and it is not hot in the least when I am playing. Also, I can play much more hardware intensive games for much longer than I've been able to play PR lately.

This is REALLY annoying the hell out of me!

EDIT: Ok, so apparently the edit button expires on older posts. Anyway, I'm beginning to think this might be an issue with Windows 7, as I never had this problem with Vista. I might install Vista on a different partition and give PR a try on my old configuration. Feel free to throw any other ideas you might have out there.
        Last edited by Wrath 228; 06-24-2010, 08:07 PM. Reason: New Development

Comment

Once again, cannot edit my previous post but I thought of something else. I play on the TG server almost exclusively, but I am not a Supporting Member. This past hour I've joined the server several times and had the freeze occur every time within several minutes of joining. The server is usually up to 62 players at this time of day, and tonight was no different. I kept refreshing the server list until the TG one was at 61 or below, then I would join.

What I'm getting at is, maybe this freeze happens when I get kicked to allow a Supporting Member in? I'm not sure why my entire system would freeze, but it's just another idea I have rattling around.

Comment

Only thing I can suggest now seeing as what you have done already, is to defrag your hard drive. Also a good cleaning may help using ccleaner before the defrag.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but I actually just did that yesterday :/

Comment

I found a topic on the official forums that matches the problem I've been having. No solution yet, but I thought this might help people understand better.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...t-only-pr.html

Comment

ive been having the same problem wrath, im realy pis. and the weared think is that i tryed in singleplayer 32 with bots, and no problem at all, so our problem is only in mp.
                  so what could it be ? something realeted to voip ? pb ? 64 players ? connection ? cause its not graphioc or cpu since it works fine in sp.

Comment

Hello all, I'm back once again after yet another extended absence (the absence was because I got fed up with this problem and stopped playing for a bit). Anywho, I decided to give the new version a try, so I completely reinstalled BF2 and PR and jumped into an insurgency game. I was playing for about an hour and a half before it did the same thing it has always done. System lockup, buzzing noise (which by the way comes from the audio output, not from a piece of hardware in the computer itself). Havent been able to get my hands on Vista yet, so it looks like my time with TG will be spent with ArmA II for a while.

Comment

Its your drivers im willing to bet. make sure all your drivers are updated and try running Bf2/PR as an admin.

Comment

Im having a similar problem except i cant even get PR to open. I double click on the link and it looks like its doing something but before the BSS intro screen comes up, it locks up, makes a buzzing noise then my monitor comes up with a prompt saying "No Signal" which im assuming means my graphics card is crashing. Yet its not hot temp wise and ive played with my drivers. It only does this on BF2 and its really starting to get annoying. And this just started happening yesterday evening. and i was playing PR just a few hours before that. So im on my other hard drive installing BF2 as i type this to see if its my old IDE thats acting up.
                        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I cannot establish a connection to the PR server, and supposedly after talking briefly with sporklife, its a EA Server problem..........Don't know if anyone is experiencing anything like that tonight.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...