Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are my vehicles and weapons ? ? ? ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are my vehicles and weapons ? ? ? ?

I was really impressed with this game in the begining but unfortunately I have been stricken with sh*tty luck since I can't see ANY weapons or vehicles whatsoever ! I just see the hands pretending to cradle an imaginary gun (yet it still works - I can shoot and zoom in) and thats goes for every weapon. I also cannot see any vehicles, just their shadow on the ground and occasionally I will see people floating by in their imaginary vehicles.

http://www.neepneep.com/temp/001.jpg
    http://www.neepneep.com/temp/002.jpg
    http://www.neepneep.com/temp/003.jpg

I am currently using a 3Ghz Pentium with 1 gig ram and an ati Radeon 9600 video card. I have tried many different drivers including Catalyst 5.1,5.4,5.5,5.6 as well as some unofficial optimized drivers. I have tried both the demo and my retail DVD versions, as well as also setting up a fresh XP partition especially for the game which did help improve the performance yet did not help make my guns and vehicles appear.

Has anyone else had this problem? How can i fix it?

Re: Where are my vehicles and weapons ? ? ? ?

I don't know what the problem is, but blowing away people with an imaginary shotgun must look pretty cool. :)
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Hmm... That's a good question.

Have you tried different resolutions and detail settings? I'm stumped. :(

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by neepneep
        I was really impressed with this game in the begining but unfortunately I have been stricken with sh*tty luck since I can't see ANY weapons or vehicles whatsoever ! I just see the hands pretending to cradle an imaginary gun (yet it still works - I can shoot and zoom in) and thats goes for every weapon. I also cannot see any vehicles, just their shadow on the ground and occasionally I will see people floating by in their imaginary vehicles.
        I don't have anything constructive to say at all, and while I do feel for your problem I can't stop myself from sitting here laughing. That must be funny as hell to see these soldiers putting through the air sitting in their virtual helos! I wouldn't be able to stop laughing long enough to actually play!
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

what is your settings at..i have the same Vid card and mine are only at 1024by768 at 65
          try turning them down
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Well I am glad that my problem was able to bring amusement to some of you but trust me - it gets old very quickly. It is seriously annoying to not know what gun you're using, or where to find the damned vehicles.

I tried almost everything I could think of, including what some of you mentioned (I tried changing the refresh rates, resolution, drivers, screaming, reformatting, kicking, reinstalling, fiddling with the bios, more kicking, and more screaming.)

Ho hum....bummer....

Comment

Originally posted by neepneep
              Well I am glad that my problem was able to bring amusement to some of you but trust me - it gets old very quickly. It is seriously annoying to not know what gun you're using, or where to find the damned vehicles.

I tried almost everything I could think of, including what some of you mentioned (I tried changing the refresh rates, resolution, drivers, screaming, reformatting, kicking, reinstalling, fiddling with the bios, more kicking, and more screaming.)

Ho hum....bummer....
              I tried doing some searching to find out what could be causing this but have not come up with anything. Have you tried reverting to an OLDER version of your graphics drivers rather than a newer version? You may also want to check your dxdiag output and make sure your DirectX is up to par.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Try posting that question here..

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbat....asp?fid=13392

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I am also in the "I laughed out loud when I saw those screenshots" camp. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you beyond what you've already tried, but I'll keep this problem in the back of my mind.
                  "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X