Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo game - 0 crashes. Retail game...

...3 crashes in 10 minutes.

I knew it was gonna be bad when on my first log-in it said I had a bad password, when I certainly did not. Clicked connect again and it went through..

Then, a clean CTD. Then a lock-up. Another lock-up.

This sucks. :(

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Demo game - 0 crashes. Retail game...

Ya that happened to me earilier, I tried to play for 15min before I had to go to work and it crashed twice. When I leave my brother gets on it never crashed for 4 hrs. I bet when I go to play it will start crashing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
      ...3 crashes in 10 minutes.

I knew it was gonna be bad when on my first log-in it said I had a bad password, when I certainly did not. Clicked connect again and it went through..

Then, a clean CTD. Then a lock-up. Another lock-up.

This sucks. :(
      Similar here... although I've waited out all but 2 hangs..I'm thinking it's connectivity issues...waiting for a response or whatever...It won't let me alt-tab then when it finally recognized my 5 attempts it opened and closed 5 times... :icon_mad: . I'm a little more than 24 hours into it and it's settling down...

Does it dump anybody else right into a game when it's starting?

Comment

My issues seem to be Punkbuster related. With my new machine, I had the exact same problems with BFDC. Once the punkbuster routine starts, the computer locks up completely.

I will need to research this further.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

My retail game starts to choke hard core when I use TV guided missles. I get maybe 5 seconds a frame. The only way out of the slide show is to hit eject. :(
          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

My issues seem to be Punkbuster related. With my new machine, I had the exact same problems with BFDC. Once the punkbuster routine starts, the computer locks up completely.

I will need to research this further.
            I can't imagine what you have on your machine that is hanging with punkbuster. I wonder if there is some security permission that doesn't let the auto-update of PB work. Note: pb made a new update yesterday.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

I have found the problem..

Of all things, my NForce4 chipset needed to have its drivers updated... Go figure. Thank god I found a random post about it.

Comment

From the tweak guide
                Further note that at the start of the game, if you keep pressing any keys to skip the intro movies, these keystrokes will be recorded in your Password box, thus when you click the Login button it will say you have an incorrect password.
                I know I did that the first time; smacked various keys to try and skip the movies. *renamed*
                "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by verbose
                  From the tweak guide

I know I did that the first time; smacked various keys to try and skip the movies. *renamed*
                  If you want to skip those annoying movies, here's how, that's to the Gamespot BF2 guide.

Get Rid of the Splash Movies
                  Regrettably enough, most game publishers enjoy putting unskippable splash screens in their
                  games, which play each time the game starts. These are, to put it mildly, annoying, but luckily for
                  you, you can get rid of them and get right into the game within seconds after clicking your
                  shortcut.
                  To do so, go to this directory:
                  C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies
                  And either delete or move the movies there to another folder, leaving only menu.bik and
                  menu_loggedin.bik behind. With the files not in the directory, the game won't be able to play
                  them when it starts up, so it'll just skip past them.
                  Some users, however, report problems connecting to servers or getting kicked from them when
                  moving these files out of the directory; if you're worried about this, you might want to create a
                  blank Notepad document and rename it to match the name of the files that were previously there.
                  You can do so in Windows by going to the folder, right-clicking, then selecting "New Text
                  Document" from the popup menu and renaming it after it's created. For instance, after moving the
                  135 megabyte "Intro.bik" file to another directory, you could return to the \movies folder, right
                  click, make a new text document, and name it "Intro.bik." This new file would be zero bytes in
                  size, but may prevent the game's anticheat protection from detecting that you've messed around
                  with the movies.
                  Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...