Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 Hangs / crash to desktop

Hi all.
    Can anybody help me please! i bought the game today, waited for months for it to come out. Installed the DVD on my pc, all went fine, no problems at all. Downloaded the latest drivers voor mij videocard (ATI READON 9800 / 128MB) downloaded the latest chipset drivers for my motherboard just made my pc nice and up to date to play BF2 but it just won't work! All goes fine when i start the game. I see the intro, log in to the account server and can select a server to play in. Then it loads the game to about 46% when loading collisions (sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less) and then BANG a crash to the desktop. No error message at all, no event in the eventviewer.

It happens in multi- and singelplayer mode!

I got the next specs:
    ASUS A7N8X-E
    AMD 3200 XP
    1 Gb Memory
    Ati Readon 9800 128MB
    SATA disk
    Last edited by dice-nl; 06-23-2005, 11:20 AM.

Re: Battlefield 2 Hangs / crash to desktop

Try rolling back your video drivers one or two versions. There have been other posts about this, however I have an nVidia card so I haven't kept up to date with the issue.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

ok, ill try that. tnx. ill keep you posted :)

Comment

We got a no go! :( installed the wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-082-041130a-019577c.exe driver and still at time of loading 'collision' when joining a game i'll crash to the desktop

Comment

Have you browsed the ATI forums or EA forums for BF2 tech support (if they have one) to find other people with the same issue. You'd probably have better luck finding more people with your same problem there than here.
          Telorn

Comment

Nope, just found the solution! I was still running the 1011 bios for my asus board. Flashed it to 1013 and now it's working! Tnx for the help anyway, and maybe a solution for the next BF'er!

Cya'll in game! :)

Comment

That's awesome to hear! Glad to hear you were able to fix it. See you in game!
              Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by dice-nl
                Nope, just found the solution! I was still running the 1011 bios for my asus board. Flashed it to 1013 and now it's working! Tnx for the help anyway, and maybe a solution for the next BF'er!

Cya'll in game! :)
                That BIOS version looks familiar. I think I have that version on my mobo. I am using an A7n8x-x. What is your mobo?

[volun]

Comment

yes that should be the same! just go to www.asus.com find your mobo and get the latest bios and the award flash utility.

now i do have a new problem and thats a blue screen in game. Loading now goes fine but when i'm in the game i can play between 5 and 30 miniutes and then a blue screen with a forced restart. any ideas? in the meantime i'll also look for a solutions

Comment

You should probably try some diagnostic programs like memtest86 to test your system's stability.
                    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                      You should probably try some diagnostic programs like memtest86 to test your system's stability.
                      Is it linux only?

Comment

No, it's for many platforms.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

still don't have it working! getting pretty pissed overhere! There is a lot to find about the problems with bf2 but i cant find any solutions!

Comment

I've got the Asus Pg4 something board and I've found in both BF 1 and 2 I've got issues of it crashing to desktop. I believe I narrowed the issue down to my onboard sound chip set. I cannot use VOIP or TS with this computer without making is crash and I think this carried over into BF2 with the VOIP thing enabled. I've turned all of that off and have had better stablility. I'm thinking I should buy a sound card and disable the onboard crap.

Comment

i now disabeled the onboard sound chip in system/devicemanager and it seems to work fine now. And at the moment i have downgraded my ati driver to wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-10-050119a-020581c. hope this is the fix! now i'm going back to the game! Good luck all!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X