Questions about Subscription service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Subscription service

I noticed that I can pay a subscription of $80 a year for the TG service. It mentions about gaining dedicated servers, downloads, and other things.

My question is, as a BF2 player only, what benefit would I gain from paying $80 a year to be a supporting member? What features would I have access to that a non-subscriber would that would warrant $80?

And if those features aren't worth $80 to me, am I able to be a supporting member with a lower donation?

Thanks for your help!
    Telorn

Re: Questions about Subscription service

Hrm. Let's see. What might you take value from?

email address?
    web space?
    downloads?
    server reserved slot?

If you're having to ask yourself that and can't answer it alone, you might want to wait until you can answer it. None of us wants anyone having a supporting membership from which they don't take sufficient value to justify the cost, as that breeds resentment.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Supporting Members support the community, not just a server or two. Among other things, Supporting Members have personal webspace, access to a members only forum, and have priority access to many of the gaming servers, including BF2.

The servers we all play on and enjoy have to be paid for somehow. There are no millionaires here funding this community.

Anyone who wants to become a Supporting Member, it's great, and we really appreciate it. We understand that there are those who cannot for many reasons, and that's great too.

Determine how much value you get from this community and measure that when deciding whether a membership is worth it to you.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

In addition to the tangible perks that Wyzcrak brought up...

Tactical Gamer only exists through the support of our member base. We are only able to bring Battlefield 2 to our players through the support of the entire community. When we first launched Counter-Strike Source we had it on a shared server with other games and the performance wasn't quite as good as it could be. Thankfully, a number of our regulars chose to support Tactical Gamer and we were able to procure a physical server that was dedicated to just Counter-Strike Source.

Battlefield 2 is a game that requires an enormous amount of resources. It has already displaced other games we used to host. It would be wonderful to be able to have a dedicated platform for BF2. Members that originally got subscriptions for Ghost Recon or Joint Operations have moved on to other games like BF2. But without their support to begin with, there never would have been a BF2 here!

When it comes right down to it, the supporting members help support our community as a whole. They help to provide everything that we offer across the board. As we get more supporting members we are able to provide more resources for them.

Tactical Gamer is not a for-profit entity. Everything we take in is put back into the community in one way or another.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

i only play BF2 also but i figure that money will help bring more people into the gameing community and make it fun for the rest of us...
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

My main question is, if I don't need or require all the extra web space, private forums, e-mail address or downloads, can I donate less and have the BF2 server priority?

I guess I'm wondering why there isn't a step system. For example, if you only want server priority, $30 donation, if you want private forum and server priority, $40, etc...

Why only one option for payment?

Not to sound ungrateful, but XBox Live service is $50 a year and I'd be paying $80 a year essentially just for 1 BF2 server.
            Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
              My main question is, if I don't need or require all the extra web space, private forums, e-mail address or downloads, can I donate less and have the BF2 server priority?

I guess I'm wondering why there isn't a step system. For example, if you only want server priority, $30 donation, if you want private forum and server priority, $40, etc...

Why only one option for payment?

Not to sound ungrateful, but XBox Live service is $50 a year and I'd be paying $80 a year essentially just for 1 BF2 server.
              That's now, Telorn.

If there is a second, SM only BF2 server, then you will have access to that as well, and there is nothing to say that whatever game is next, you won't be interested in that as well.

I came in through Joint Operations. TG ran a Joint Ops/ JO Realism server that showed the Tactical Gamer community at its best: great team play, communication, and skill.

So for a few months, I stuck around, wondered if there were any real benefit to subscribing. I really don't need the webspace, the blog, the rest-I can get that elsewhere, or build a server on my own.

If I want smart, team oriented, gameplay, on fast servers and with zero tolerance for smacktards, there are very few places to go.

Most of the new BF2 guys describe our server as "an oasis" compared to public servers, and it is true: go "off reservation" (as I call it) and you will see all manner of boorishness and pettyness, not just in BF2, but in CounterStrike Source, Joint Operations, and any other game you care to name. You won't see that here.

So the question is, not why only one payment option, but what is that gaming oasis worth to you? I can't answer that for you, but I know my answer: $90 per year is a bargain.

I pay more than that for Fileplanet and Fileshack, and that's less than most MMOG fees.

Stick around, play some CS:S and the other games, then decide for yourself.

Comment

Thanks for your input, guys. I appreciate it.

What about individuals who can't afford $80, though, but want to show support in some way. Wouldn't receiving $20 be better than receiving nothing?
                Telorn

Comment

Its totally up to you. If you dont want to spend 80 dollars, you can pay 9 dollars a month at a time. If you feel it isnt worth it, then cancel. If you start really digging it, throw down 80 and save a few bucks. Alternatively, you can make donations.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X