Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Recorder

Admin question:

Is the battlefield recorder turned on for the TG server? We have some awesome battles going on that I wouldn't mind watching (or showing friends).
    Telorn

Re: Battlefield Recorder

I second this....

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

To be honest. I'm not sure how the battlefield recorder works yet. I have not researched it at all.

Anyone have some concrete info on how it operates?
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

ill look into it and get some info for you....
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

look towards the middle of the page......

http://www.eagames.com/official/batt...date_061005%22
          -Vulcan

Comment

I have read that with a 64 player server, it is not recommended that the recorder be used.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Yeah, I think EA has it set to NOT turn on BattleRecorder by default on 64 player servers because of the resources required.

Is the BF2 server a dedicated server at this point? If not, I wouldn't even think about it until it's a dedicated server.

Having said that, I was looking at joining a clan that had BR running and it's awesome. The ability to immediately download the entire round you just played and review it from the perspective of ANY player at your own pace is great. I take note of who had the best score and tend to follow them around when playing it back to see if I can gain any new tactics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
                I take note of who had the best score and tend to follow them around when playing it back to see if I can gain any new tactics, etc.
                That's a really good idea..I never thought of that. I just considered looking at myself so I could boast ;)
                Telorn

Comment

are there any third party software recorders that would do the same thing that i can run behind BF2?
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Only thing I know of remotely close would be FRAPS and for a full round the raw file would be so big it would be impractical. I like the fact that a full 45 or so minute round from BattleRecorder on 32 slot server is just 15MB.

Comment

Is there any way for a group of people to watch a demo together? It would be fantastic to have educational sessions where entire squads or teams review a game together on our TeamSpeak server.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

To clarify: I'm thinking of a broadcast mechanism, where all are watching the same instance of the demo, as opposed to "everyone hit Play NOW" tricks.
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                          To clarify: I'm thinking of a broadcast mechanism, where all are watching the same instance of the demo, as opposed to "everyone hit Play NOW" tricks.
                          It is possible if someone has a streaming server for mediaplayer/realplayer. All they'd have to do is dump the session to AVI format and then convert it for streaming capability. That's a lot of bandwidth usage for multiple people to watch it at the same time, though.
                          Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X