Want to Skip BF2 Intros?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to Skip BF2 Intros?

Here is a guide, provided by the Gamespot BF2 guide, on how to remove those pesky intro screens in BF2.

Get Rid of the Splash Movies
    Regrettably enough, most game publishers enjoy putting unskippable splash screens in their
    games, which play each time the game starts. These are, to put it mildly, annoying, but luckily for
    you, you can get rid of them and get right into the game within seconds after clicking your
    shortcut.
    To do so, go to this directory:
    C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies
    And either delete or move the movies there to another folder, leaving only menu.bik and
    menu_loggedin.bik behind. With the files not in the directory, the game won't be able to play
    them when it starts up, so it'll just skip past them.
    Some users, however, report problems connecting to servers or getting kicked from them when
    moving these files out of the directory; if you're worried about this, you might want to create a
    blank Notepad document and rename it to match the name of the files that were previously there.
    You can do so in Windows by going to the folder, right-clicking, then selecting "New Text
    Document" from the popup menu and renaming it after it's created. For instance, after moving the
    135 megabyte "Intro.bik" file to another directory, you could return to the \movies folder, right
    click, make a new text document, and name it "Intro.bik." This new file would be zero bytes in
    size, but may prevent the game's anticheat protection from detecting that you've messed around
    with the movies.
    Telorn

Re: Want to Skip BF2 Intros?

Considering how annoying watching those intros can get, maybe we should sticky this thread so it is easily found?
    Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
      make a new text document, and name it "Intro.bik." This new file would be zero bytes in
      size, but may prevent the game's anticheat protection from detecting that you've messed around
      with the movies.
      If that works, EA/DICE should promptly fire the people responsible for the anticheat measures.
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
        If that works, EA/DICE should promptly fire the people responsible for the anticheat measures.
        It does work. I did it the moment I installed the game (after I watched the intro once. It is cool). I haven't had any problems connection to EA ranked servers or the TG server.

DICE probably didn't have them worry about the intro movies because changing them in any way will not change the gameplay in any way.
        Telorn

Comment

Works fine. Was doing it on the demo as well.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Alternatively you can just rename the said file by adding a ".backup" to the end of each movie you dont want to watch. That way you aren't moving them around, deleteing them, or something else. I've been on ranked, PB enabled servers and have had no problems.
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_9.html
              Rename the relevant files in your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies\ directory to something else (e.g. rename the Intro.bik to Intro.backup). The files to rename are: Dice.bik, EA.bik, Intro.bik, Legal.bik and Welcome.bik. This will mean the intro movies are all skipped as BF2 starts to load. If you find the movies playing in the background of the Login screen and Settings screens annoying, you can also rename the menu.bik and menu_loggedin.bik to something else as well.
              This is a nice set of directions and list of the files to edit, credits are in the "Quoted by" section of the quote.

Just an alternative to moving all the files around etc.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=55725
                [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Beginning Video Removal.

I've searched and searched and cannot find the thread on how to remove the beginning videos for BF2. Can I get a point in the right direction?

-Mom
                  Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Re: Beginning Video Removal.

1) Browse to http://www.tacticalgamer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182
                    2) Search for "movies"
                    3) Click on the eighth thread in the results

:)
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
                      I've searched and searched and cannot find the thread on how to remove the beginning videos for BF2. Can I get a point in the right direction?

-Mom
                      Simply go to Battlefield2\mods\bf2\movies folder and rename the following files.
                      Dice.bik
                      EA.bik
                      Intro.bik
                      Legal.bik

Note leave the 2 menu and welcome files alone. Just change the extension from .bik to .orig. I don't think you should delete them as PB might get upset.

[age-c1] [conduct]
                      Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Alternatively, you can read our own Client FAQ.
                        How can I turn off the pre-game movies?
                        There is no in-game setting to do this, however you can easily change the name of the files on your machine. Navigate to your \Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies (or \Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\Movies) folder and rename the move files as listed below.

Retail
                        Dice.bik --> Dice.bik.BACKUP
                        EA.bik --> EA.bik.BACKUP
                        Intro.bik --> Intro.bik.BACKUP
                        Legal.bik --> Legal.bik.BACKUP

Demo
                        demo_bf2legal.bik --> demo_bf2legal.bik.BACKUP
                        demo_bf2release.bik --> demo_bf2release.bik.BACKUP
                        demo_demolegaltext.bik --> demo_demolegaltext.bik.BACKUP
                        demo_locknload.bik --> demo_locknload.bik.BACKUP

To restore the movie files, just rename them back to the original.
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

or just rename the movies folder. whichever
                          |TG| aschmack

Comment

one thing about this. when i did it i couldn't play on any servers cuz it told me i modified my game.

Comment

i just deleted them, job done

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed