Cant seem to get VOIP working properly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant seem to get VOIP working properly

Sorry to make another VOIP thread but I think I have a different problem than the other poster. Here's the thing, when I installed the game I didnt have a headset to go through that configuration menu. But Im not sure if thats whats causing me the problem I picked up a Logitech Headphone/Headset combo yesterday and I cant get it to respond properly during a game. When running the mic test in the audio menu I can hear my voice just fine (only at 0% threshhold or it cuts off). But during a game I get no response from other mic users in my squad. Whats worse is the audio doesn't automatically lower when I hold down the speak button, so I have trouble making out my own voice with the headphones blaring into my ear at the same time. The audio is supposed to lower isnt it? Appreciate any help with this.

Re: Cant seem to get VOIP working properly

Are you seeing the little green icon on the right side of your screen when you press Talk? Check that first.. If you are not, then you are not transmitting.

Also, the audio does not lower when you are speaking.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Yeah the green icon comes up just fine.

Maybe its just a case of not being able to hear myself speak with the headphones on so my voice is too quiet, lol. How do you guys do it? Or is everyone using speakers (not an option for me unfortunately)?

Comment

Ok, so you are transmitting.. Now, it's just a question of what volume.

Try yelling once and see if anyone hears you. :)

I use speakers.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

In-game, go to your audio settings under options and click on audio. In the top-right corner you'll see your settings for the MIC. Make sure 'mic boost' is checked and that output and input volume are set at MAX.

Also, I like to lower my effects sounds to around 70% so I can hear incoming messages better in the thick of battle.
          Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X