microphone question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microphone question

Can you set the mic to voice activiated?
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Re: microphone question

Originally posted by kin3
    Can you set the mic to voice activiated?
    If the answer is yes... don't. Thresholds never work correctly; either we hear you to the point of every breath, or we never hear you talk.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Is this for TS or VoIP?

Either of them isnt a good idea to use...

As for BF2 VoIP i dont know if it has Voice activated microphones... But i still wouldnt use it.
      Oyee

Comment

Voice activation is a bad idea solely because all of your screams of frustration come through...

I would be banned from all servers TG if I had voice activation on.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

DICE did the right thing and BF2 does not support voice activated mic. TeamSpeak does, but I can promise you people will probably promptly tell you to turn it off.

Just consider it as being realistic. Real squad members on the field have to push buttons to talk over radio :)
          Telorn

Comment

Why does BF2 have the threshold setting for the mic? Is it to help cut out ambient noise while transmitting?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
              Why does BF2 have the threshold setting for the mic? Is it to help cut out ambient noise while transmitting?
              Maybe they originally had voice activated included, but during the testing phase they decided to remove it, but left the threshold feature in the code.

Or maybe the threshold is for when you press the button. So if you are 'accidentally' holding the button and just breathing, you won't transmit? Easy way to test this is have the room silent and then hit the button and see if you broadcast.
              Telorn

Comment

If you have a usb head set is it possible to have only people talking come through there while game sounds come through your speakers, I have a ps 2 heaset so I can only plug it into the usb ports on my computer, and they are klipsch speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by TAT84
                  If you have a usb head set is it possible to have only people talking come through there while game sounds come through your speakers, I have a ps 2 heaset so I can only plug it into the usb ports on my computer, and they are klipsch speakers.
                  This is one of the things I don't like about in-game VOIP. Devs don't seem to think it's worth separating the two audio streams to different sound cards.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                    This is one of the things I don't like about in-game VOIP. Devs don't seem to think it's worth separating the two audio streams to different sound cards.
                    Yeah, that was one thing that I got used to way too quickly using Xbox live.

Say, is there a mic key on the keyboard that I missed? Or do I just have to hit the button on the mic itself?

Comment

There are two mic keys on the keyboard. One for squad talk, and one for command talk, if you are a SL or a CO.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I used to use voice actviation on COD/UF on teamspeak during game. It worked good.
                        The Old Guy
                        kin3
                        sigpic

Comment

Need Mic Help!!!

Hey i cant get my mic to work wtf is the deal with this thing? In the options menu i did all the settings but for some reason i hit the talk button in game and nothing happens, this is happening to alot of my friends and i was wondering if yall know how to fix this crap from happening?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X