Two PCs', One Connection [Problem]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two PCs', One Connection [Problem]

We have two PCs' hooked up to router and we cant log on to the account server at the same time..... We have Broadband Connection and a router and it says to check you settings when we log on.... Like we can surf the Internet and download BUT>>>>>> Cannot play battlefield at the same time only one at a time.

Please help ..... .Very SAD.......
    Thanks in advance

Re: Two PCs', One Connection [Problem]

Do you have two seperate purchased copies or are you both installed using one cd key?...

Comment

I have the same problem and I"m running two valid keys. Once from a DVD version and one from a CD version. We run a gaming site and purchased a copy and received the other for review. Whenever our second machine attempts to join the same server PunkBuster kicks us off the server. Or we simply cannot join.

ANyone out there having the same issue?

Pach-

Comment

its obviously because ur running battlefield on the same IP address. punkbuster detects that ur doing it. doesnt want u to cheat...

Comment

Not true. I have 4 machines hooked up at my house, running through a Zoom ADSL router-modem, and all 4 of us have been playing BF2 (or many other games) at the same time (and often on TG on the same squad!).

Can you give us more information about the setup you have please?

Comment

It may be a port forwarding/firewall issue. Try temporarily disabling your firewall and see if the issue is resolved. If so, you know your firewall is having issues forwarding the ports to the second computer.
            Telorn

Comment

Yeah, I'm running a Linksys Firewall with two PCs behind it. I'm guessing the same, it's a port forwarding issue as the firewall is NATing the single IP to both machines internally. This would account for the Punkbuster bounces - since it perceives this as cheating - but seems odd to me that we shouldn't be able to have a few folks at one residential location playing online. I say residential because most residential DSL accounts don't come replete with /24 blocks of IPs to use for NATing.

Any suggestions as to how I could isolate these two machines in the firewalls eyes?

BTW _ thanks for the really thoughtful and helpful response Adam - yeah, you caught me, I want to cheat - that's why I'm here...

Pach-

Comment

I believe running a proxy server would solve the issue for you. It's a more powerful program that can better forward incoming ports. Sybergen Sygate is an easy to use proxy server that I used when I had multple people playing games on one network. I just use the linksys WRT54G router now, since I'm the only one.

You can download a trail version and see if it works for you.
                Telorn

Comment

Ugh, I hate Sygate with a passion (it has major security holes). There is no reason you shouldn't be able to set up your router to fix this issue. Check the BF2 support stuff for router configuration, I'm sure several people have this problem. Some servers won't allow 2 connections from 1 IP, but I know the bf2 master allows it, assuming you have 2 valid keys.
                  a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                  Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                  Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                  Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                  Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X