Game freezes at the gun selection screen :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game freezes at the gun selection screen :(

I'm sure some of you have played with me already. I've loved the game so far, but now it won't play. I came inside from a swim, and figured I'd try and play a couple games. Battlefield loads up properly, and the map + verification goes perfect as well. Right when I click join game, everything is still running smooth. This is where problems start, right when I get into the game, it freezes at the gun selection screen (the screen with the Kit and Squad tabs). The game seems to be loaded, and my computer updates all of the things going on in game. I can hear my teammates orders, I can watch the tickets go down, I can watch as flags flip flop, but I can't play :(. When it freezes, my mouse is stuck in the exact middle of the screen and is inactive, as is my keyboard. I'm totally bummed out, I've tested in many other servers other than |TG| and I've also tried in single player, same outcome. Somebody please help. It's just wierd that I've already played over 25 games and nothing has been wrong except now.

System Specs :

Windows XP SP2
    512 MB Ram (upgrading to a gig soon)
    Radeon 9600 Pro
    P4 2.6 GHz Processor

Re: Please Help :(

No ideas for you other than un-install and re-install. :(

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetch
      I'm sure some of you have played with me already. I've loved the game so far, but now it won't play. I came inside from a swim, and figured I'd try and play a couple games. Battlefield loads up properly, and the map + verification goes perfect as well. Right when I click join game, everything is still running smooth. This is where problems start, right when I get into the game, it freezes at the gun selection screen (the screen with the Kit and Squad tabs). The game seems to be loaded, and my computer updates all of the things going on in game. I can hear my teammates orders, I can watch the tickets go down, I can watch as flags flip flop, but I can't play :(. When it freezes, my mouse is stuck in the exact middle of the screen and is inactive, as is my keyboard. I'm totally bummed out, I've tested in many other servers other than |TG| and I've also tried in single player, same outcome. Somebody please help. It's just wierd that I've already played over 25 games and nothing has been wrong except now.
      I had this exact, EXACT same problem during the demo. completely uninstalling and installing again from scratch fixed the problem for me. I have no idea what causes it but try that and see if it works.

-Crazy
      "If it's dangerous to talk to yourself, it's probably even dicier to listen" -Jim Hightower

Comment

Cripes, I'll reinstall. That was gonna be my last plan of attack, thanks for the quick replies guys. Your all so helpful.

Comment

OK, I thought I was the only one having this ANNOYING problem! I havn't been able to play for at least 3 hours because I have been trying to solve this.

Tried restarting - no dice
          Tried reinstalling - no dice

What more is there to do? I have updated graphics and sound drivers

System specs:

Alienware Aurora
          AMD 64 Fx-53 2.5GHZ
          1 GB Ram
          ATI Radeon x800 XT PE - running Catalyst 5.6 Drivers
          SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro - running newest drivers..i just installed them today

Comment

Give more details about your problem.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I'm sad to hear your problem is persisting. Glitches like these are probably the most annoying thing in this world (extreme exageration). My problem was fixed after reinstalling. Hopefully you get your game working again, and like Tempus said, give more details so we can help you.

Comment

Re: Game freezes at the gun selection screen :(

Well my problem was exactly what you had. Everytime a map loads up and the spawn screen comes up the mouse was fixated on the middle of the screen and both keyboard and mouse were unresponsive.

I started thinking after I restarted AND reinstalled that the only thing still left from previous install was my "profile". So I thought..this has something to do with profiles. I looked in the profiles folder and all that it stores is settings.

So.. I went to the options menu and reset controlls and such to default values. I left audio/video settings intact of course. IT WORKED.

So to anybody out there having this problem, all you have to do is reset your controls to default!

Phew...btw, thanks for being so nice to a community noob =)

-Bryan

Comment

Does the solution .bryan posted work for the others with a similar problem? If so, I'll make an update to the FAQ.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

It seems to be a rare occurance. The EA Tech support people had no idea what I was talking about. In fact, I informed them of my solution and they thanked me. lol..

-Bryan

Comment

Just had this happen to me. My Controls.con got zeroed out. As in, the file was there, but zero bytes in length. Luckily, I had my demo profile still, so I didn't have to start from scratch.

So, make a backup everyone!
                      "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

thankfully I use the Belkin Nostromo n52 gamepad, so I never have to edit the config file. I just set the gamepad keys to whatever DICE's binding is.
                        Telorn

Comment

I had the exact same problem (keyboard/mouse freezes on kit selection screen, game continues). I tried a different mouse but no dice.

I reinstalled, BUT I choose the option to only uninstall the game and not delete the profiles, saved games, and battlerecorders. Thus, the problem persisted because the fubar'ed profile was still there.

The stuff in profile.con was indeed 0'ed out. I didn't have a backup of profile.con, so I just tried deleting everything in the Profile folder, hoping the game would recreate new, working profiles on startup.

I started the game, logged in, and went to the Controls option screen. All the default settings were there. I hit "Apply" and it said they were saved. I started up the game, and to my delight my cursor was again responsible.

THE PROFILE.CON FIX WORKS and this is INDEED A PROBLEM I HOPE GETS FIXED IN THE NEXT PATCH (this happened for me on v1.02). I don't think reinstalling the game is necessary, but if you do, BE SURE TO CHECK THE BOX NEXT TO "DELETE PROFILES" or reinstalling will solve nothing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X