Problem setting resolution to 1280x1024

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem setting resolution to 1280x1024

There is a supposed fix to support this resolution by changing the target line in your start icon:

"For example, one of the most commonly requested commands is to run BF2 in 1280x1024 resolution (or another custom resolution) - particularly for LCD displays which display the best image at their native resolution. To do this, change your command line to look like this:

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

I've tried this but it does not force the resolution. It's the TARGET line I'm using, not the START IN line. Does this only work in demo? I'm trying it in retail. No go.

Re: Problem setting resolution to 1280x1024

I use it in the retail. I'll have to check when I'm home how I use it exactly.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

I use that same line in my retail, Spudboy, and it works fine...
      Twisted Firestarter
      a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
      sigpic

Comment

It is meant to be placed in the 'target field' of the shortcut icon you click on to run the game.

Verify you have the entry typed in correctly (It is correct on your post). Also, be sure to click that icon, and that icon only, to run the game.

Other than that, I don't see what your issue could be.
        Telorn

Comment

Here is the exact line taken from the TARGET:

"G:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

I've got two BF icons on my desktop. One says 'Battlefield 2', the other says 'Play BF2 online now!'

I have tried the command line in both icons and it still doesn't work. I can't go higher than 1152x864.

By the way, I have disabled start intros. Does this affect it in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by TG Spudboy
            "G:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024
            When you use the above method, it does work, but its hard to tell unless you check the current mode using the OSD of your LCD.

The in game video menu will still show 800x600 or 1024x768 or whatever you were running last time, but you can ignore that. Adding those switches to the command line will not unlock a setting in the video menu. It sets the game to use that video mode... nothing further is needed.
            Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
              When you use the above method, it does work, but its hard to tell unless you check the current mode using the OSD of your LCD.

The in game video menu will still show 800x600 or 1024x768 or whatever you were running last time, but you can ignore that. Adding those switches to the command line will not unlock a setting in the video menu. It sets the game to use that video mode... nothing further is needed.

Well that explains it then. I kept looking for a drop down menu bar that read '1280X1024'
              in video options and assumed that because it was not there, it was not available, and I was still stuck on a lower resolution. Thanks for that pertinent info.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X