Random Lag Last Night?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Lag Last Night?

Did anyone else notice the occassional spike every 5-10 minutes in their ping last night between 9 and 11pm EST? I know I wasn't the only one, because whenever it happened to me I'd see a multitude of people on the server list with high pings like me, which would then drop back to normal within 10 seconds. My ping is normally 20-35 and I was spiking 200-700.

I'm on the east coast in Augusta, GA. If this happened to anyone else, list your location. Maybe it was an internet wide thing in our region? Also, right after I left the game, I ran a speed test and got the results of 5500/648. So I don't think it was me.

I've been playing on this server since retail was released. Hopefully this was just a one time bandwidth issue with the internet. It definitely ruined my night with being able to play a smooth game. I died a multitude of times because I 'banded' all over the place.
    Telorn

Re: Random Lag Last Night?

Noob question How/where do you see your ping in game?

[age-c1] [conduct]
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Well, later in the night the server went down completely. So I'm guessing it's definitely not a normal thing.
      "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Trigger
        Noob question How/where do you see your ping in game?
        Hit the 'TAB' button to see the server user list. The ping will be the far right field, which you'll see continuously changing.
        Telorn

Comment

Yes the squad I was on noticed it and we were talking about it.
          The Old Guy
          kin3
          sigpic

Comment

There were problems at the data center.

Internet happens. :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

haha 'Internet happens' lol. But yea I was playing and noticed some lag but didn't bother checking my ping as it never got too unbearable. Ah well, I guess I'm still too used to my years of 56k playing CS haha. Good times :P

Comment

Originally posted by Jeigh
                haha 'Internet happens' lol. But yea I was playing and noticed some lag but didn't bother checking my ping as it never got too unbearable. Ah well, I guess I'm still too used to my years of 56k playing CS haha. Good times :P
                Heh, I've been used to broadband since the half-life/CS days. I could never go back. Part of the reason I joined this server is because my ping is 20-35. I'll use any advantage I can get ;)
                Telorn

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=55777
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

We also had problems tonight, although I do not think the server crashing and the spikes are related. Basically because I don't know why the server crashed ;)

The spikes happen whenever a player is kicked for not being on a squad. Everytime i got the message "You have connection problems" or a bit of lagged movement on my screen it was in co-ordination with a message above that so-and-so had been kicked for not being on a squad. 100% correlation. I mentioned this to my squad when they asked and they also confirmed that it was spiking at the same time for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfyn
                      We also had problems tonight, although I do not think the server crashing and the spikes are related. Basically because I don't know why the server crashed ;)

The spikes happen whenever a player is kicked for not being on a squad. Everytime i got the message "You have connection problems" or a bit of lagged movement on my screen it was in co-ordination with a message above that so-and-so had been kicked for not being on a squad. 100% correlation. I mentioned this to my squad when they asked and they also confirmed that it was spiking at the same time for them.
                      IF that's truely the case, admins, we need to remove the auto kick feature until the issue is resolved. It does not make the game fun to be spiking all the time. But they could be unrelated, too. we'll see.
                      Telorn

Comment

^^ Yeah it was doing this for me as well. Any player departure resulted in a couple seconds of forzen gameplay, often resulting in death ;)
                        |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

Yea it was happening accross the board. My whole squad was complaining about it every ti me someone got kicked heh

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
                            Did anyone else notice the occassional spike every 5-10 minutes in their ping last night between 9 and 11pm EST? I know I wasn't the only one, because whenever it happened to me I'd see a multitude of people on the server list with high pings like me, which would then drop back to normal within 10 seconds. My ping is normally 20-35 and I was spiking 200-700.

I'm on the east coast in Augusta, GA. If this happened to anyone else, list your location. Maybe it was an internet wide thing in our region? Also, right after I left the game, I ran a speed test and got the results of 5500/648. So I don't think it was me.

I've been playing on this server since retail was released. Hopefully this was just a one time bandwidth issue with the internet. It definitely ruined my night with being able to play a smooth game. I died a multitude of times because I 'banded' all over the place.
                            I believe I was in squad with you an Ronni Raygun (Ronald Reagan?) last night. The same problem with lag occured with me and a load of players got dropped each time. I didn't get dropped though, and I am from Denmark, sitting at a 1024/512 ADSL line. If this was a server connection issue, I guess I connect through a lot of servers and should have been dropped at least once... so perhaps too many players for the server to handle?

Edit: Nice game btw. You guys rock.
                            - delanvital
                            Play hard, play proud, play TG!

Comment

I've been dropped a couple of times but I don't know if it's related to kicking. I get connection problems once in while for a few seconds. I'll have to see if someone gets kicked when that happens.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X