¿graphics card question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¿graphics card question?

i have an ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card, the system requirements say the game requires an ATI Radeon 8500 or greater

im pretty sure that 9200 is greater than 8500, why isnt my game working please help

Re: ¿graphics card question?

Originally posted by knekt_av_krig
    i have an ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card, the system requirements say the game requires an ATI Radeon 8500 or greater

im pretty sure that 9200 is greater than 8500, why isnt my game working please help
    Is it possible it's not your graphics card, maybe? :)
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
      Is it possible it's not your graphics card, maybe? :)
      its possible but i seem to have everything else, all the memory, ram, etc. the only thing it seems that it could be would be the graphics card

and by the way, you think that my 9200 should work?

Comment

its possible but i seem to have everything else, all the memory, ram, etc. the only thing it seems that it could be would be the graphics card

and by the way, you think that my 9200 should work?
        I'd think it would work, definitely. Which is why I'm suspecting something else. :)

Sound? CPU? What do you mean by "not working"? Not installing? Not running? Is there an error message? Etc etc... the more you give, the more folks might be able to assist.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

ok hmm lets see the problem is that it crashes while starting up, it brings up the little loading screen, goes to a black screen for a few seconds, and then returns to my desktop

here are the specs it gives me in the easy info thing (my specs)

Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
          System Memory: 512.5
          Processor Speed: 2266.2
          DirectX Version: 9.0c
          Display Device: RADEON 9200
          Display Memory: 128.0
          Display Driver: 5.2.3790.2
          Sound Device: Realtek AC97 Audio
          Sound Driver: 5.10.5730

hope this helps, and thanks for helping me

Comment

Display Driver: 5.2.3790.2
            I could be interpretting those numbers wrong but I believe those are the 5.2 catalyst drivers. ATI currently has the 5.6 cat drivers out (www.ati.com) which I think are the recommended drivers to use for Radeon cards in bf2.

I had some problems withe the 5.6 Cat drivers on my X800 SE so I'm using the current drivers from www.omegadrivers.net. These drivers are tweaked for gaming and I've been running BF2 seamlessly since i installed them.
            "If it's dangerous to talk to yourself, it's probably even dicier to listen" -Jim Hightower

Comment

google is your friend

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic27478.html

Also, the 9200 is worse than the 8500. They both have the same technology behind them, but the 8500 has twice as many rendering pipelines (2 vs 1). 9200 was made to be a budget card, so they used an old core. This kind of thing happens all the time. Avoid using model numbers to determine proformance.
              Last edited by kormendi; 06-28-2005, 02:26 AM.
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

ok guys thanks for your help....but now i have another question. i think im just gonna get a new card

so do you think i should go for the 8500 just so i can run it or should i go for the 9600 for a little more money, anyone have an opinion (also im on a low budget so dont tease me with your insane cards)

and again thanks for the help

Comment

Avoid the 8500. It doesnt support DirectX 9. It was a good card in its day, but is very outdated now.

A 9600 will do you well. It is what I have. Dont buy it with the expectation that it will work well on future games. BF2 pushes its limits.
                  Steam Community: | |

Comment

I use a 9600 in my spare PC and has been the best bang for the buck I have used so far, although Kormendi is right in that it is outdated a bit by now. Still a pretty good card though.
                    "If it's dangerous to talk to yourself, it's probably even dicier to listen" -Jim Hightower

Comment

i would just get the 9800 pro great card and it will get the job done for a couple of years more...maybe...
                      i do agree with the whole omega drives they are more stable and better
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...