X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Question.

System Specs:

AMD 64 3200+
    GeForce 6800 AGP8X(16 pipelines unlocked)
    Geil UltraFast Low Lat 2.5-2.2.2.5 1gig DDR400 RAM
    Chaintech S1689 Skt 939 mobo

Ive noticed that other people with lower system specs have higher settings, im on low-med and i still lag and crash to deskop... I know the crashing problem isnt just me, and it hasnt been fixed yet, but i still got low fps...

Im soon going to be getting a new sound card to take the stress of the mobo, and ive got a pretty fast internet connection.

Is this what i should be expecting, or should i be getting better performance?
    Last edited by Black_V!per; 06-27-2005, 11:04 PM. Reason: No such thing as a AMD 65 3200+...
    Oyee

Re: Performance Question.

See if this FAQ helps you out. There are references to other sites for tweaking that are a good read.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

Ive already done that. But thanks again for that post.
      Oyee

Comment

Are you overclocking? Sometimes overclocking can cause instablility and become a bottleneck and ruin your performance. You should definitely be able to get better graphics than that.

Is your memory running dual channel or single?

My system is:
        Athlon 3200 Barton
        Dual Channel Corsair XMS LL 1 GB Memory
        BFG Geforce 6800 GT OC
        SB Audigy 2

and I can run with textures on medium and everything else high. I can run textures high on a 32 player map, but my 1 gig memory causes a bottleneck with 64 players and so I have to drop my texture quality. I run smooth - always.
        Telorn

Comment

Looks like adding more memory is the cheapest and easiest upgrade I can do. I've got 1 gig now, but 2 might be nice. One question though, how does one know if you've got Dual channel memory or single? Is it listed on the MoBo specs?

Comment

I havent overclocked yet, but i have opened the pipelines to 16 instead of the 12 that it came with. Im not sure whats going on, but i do get random restarts every once and a while, and BF2 sometimes crashes to desktop/freezes.
            Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
              I havent overclocked yet, but i have opened the pipelines to 16 instead of the 12 that it came with. Im not sure whats going on, but i do get random restarts every once and a while, and BF2 sometimes crashes to desktop/freezes.
              That is most definitely due to the unstableness of the unsupported 16 pipes instead of 12. For all you know, one of those pipes could be damaged and unusable. May I ask how you did this and does my BFG Geforce 6800 GT OC support 16?
              Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Dog
                Looks like adding more memory is the cheapest and easiest upgrade I can do. I've got 1 gig now, but 2 might be nice. One question though, how does one know if you've got Dual channel memory or single? Is it listed on the MoBo specs?
                It is in your MB specs. It'll state 'dual channel' as compaired to single channel. It's a popular thing, so it would even be mentioned on the retail box if you still have.
                Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X