Connection Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection Issues

Hey All, Glad I found you and I need some advice here.

I'm having great problems with Battlefield 2. I can join servers fine but after im connected I get the dreaded "There is a problem with your connection" Message. This can happen almost instanly or even take a few minutes. It comes on slow maybe 2-3 times within the first 2 minutes of the game. Then outta the blue It happens and I'm frozen up 5-10 secnds at a time , very frequently ( Let's say it then happens avery 2-3 seconds)

Here's my specs to help you all picture what I'm Runnin...

Xp Pro
    Amd Athlon XP 3200
    BFG Geforce 6200 OC
    1 Gig of Pc 3200 / 400 Mhz RAM
    120 Gig Hd ( All games are installed onto a partitioned section of HD )
    Sound Blaster Live 24 Bit
    5mbps Download / 768 Kbps Upload Connection

I can play fine when I host a server but I guess other's when they near my player they get the same message. If I join any other server I get connection problems as stated above. No matter what type or how many players ( Even in 0 player servers )

Here's what Iv'e done ... ( None have provided a soluton )

Manually Updated Punk Buster
    Defragmented Hd
    Adware and Spyware Removal
    Virus Scans
    Reformatted Pc ( Installed only vid card and BF2 after loading and still same issue )
    Shut off set point and Ventrilo
    Ran Pings and Tracer's to no Avail / I have ran ou trace and get all green

I contacted Cox and discussed it with them , they sent a technician out and in 3 hours nothing could be found. My connection holds strong during the game , even during the connection problems. My modem was switched with a new one and still the same happened. They traced my route through the node and again I get all green lights.

This didn't happen to me On BFV but began to happen On Point Of Existence ( A BFV Mod ) Every other game that I play runs fine. During the game I ran fraps ( a benchmark program ) to see if it was my system. I hold steady at 50 fps during the issues and pings are great.

Any ideas?

Also post a link to Tech support for EA / They love hidin it !!!

Re: Connection Issues

I have the same problem, but not to that extend. In my opinion it must have something to do with ping and the amount of servers involved. I only have these experiences once in a while when

a) the server I play on is stuffed and we are 64 players (perhaps because we use a lot of bandwidth)
    b) the server is far from me, and typically in the US (I live in Denmark)
    c) the ping is high
    - delanvital
    Play hard, play proud, play TG!

Comment

Does this happen on all servers or just our servers?
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

I sometimes also get random Connection Problems, and get disconnected, even though I am still connected to the internet. I saw a news blurb from EA a few days ago, saying they know about the problem, but have not yet solved it.

Other than that, I have nothing to offer.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

In this particular way, with users being dropped in bunches - that only occured at yours, at least for me...
          - delanvital
          Play hard, play proud, play TG!

Comment

Originally posted by asch
            Does this happen on all servers or just our servers?
            It's happening in all server's Ranked or unranked , Ea or private. Iv'e spent about a week literally testing everything. It does happen very frequently , I tried giving every bit of info I could above to explain it all. Hope it makes sense...

Comment

Have you tried placing all video on the lowest settings possbile? I'm not saying your computer can't handle the graphics...but maybe the higher settings are causing some weird bug on your system and causing it to lock up on you.

It probably has nothing to do with your internet connection. If your system is freezing up, the internet connection will freeze as well, making BF2 think you have a connection problem.
              Telorn

Comment

Ja mang , Im running on the lowest settings I can .. Weird huh? Iv'e even tried Cable and T1 settings. Am I just one lucky guy or what?

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem. I get a message, "Their is a problem with your connection" shortly after joining any game. Did you manage to fix your problem? If so, how did you do it?

My suspision to my problem is from my wireless connection. Though I play other games like HL2 and CS:S, perfectly for long periods of time without connection issues. BF2 doesn't like me.
                  CS:S - |TG|Cpt. Christ
                  BF2 - [TG]ikose

Comment

I am haveing the exact same problem, but have no clue on why its happening :( tried a few things, but maybe my ISP is blocking ports ?

Comment

Originally posted by Corvis
                      I am haveing the exact same problem, but have no clue on why its happening :( tried a few things, but maybe my ISP is blocking ports ?
                      I get the same thing, only on TG 64 player server, just keeps randomly disconnecting

Comment

I get the same problem.. no idea if limited to TG or not since that is all I play. I got it for the first month the game was out then it went away, but in the last 3 weeks I can't seem to keep disconnected. I had comcast comeout and replace my modem and do a signal check, but no luck on finding the problem.

Hope we can track this down its pretty annoying and makes me not want to join a scrimm until I'm sure I can stay on.

Comment

had this exact issue, fixed by removing my wireless card and wiring my rig to the router instead, only happend in battlefield 2 and desertcombat though

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X