Cd-1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd-1

Hello there guys, I am looking at re-installing BF2 so that i can get some PR action with you guys but i have a slight problem, I have CD-2 & CD-3 but i can not find anywhere my CD-1.

So my question is this, does anyone know of a place that i can download the first CD? I should still be able to use me own CD-Key right if i just download the the cd that i am missing?

any help or direction pointing would be much appreciated

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: Cd-1

As long as you have a valid installation source (ie DVD or multiple CDs) of BF2 the CD Key is what matters for licensing. If you have a friend that owns the game and has their disc(s) you can use their physical media to install and enter your key when it asks.

I'm fairly certain you cannot use steam to download and install with your own key but it could be worth a try. The EA down loader doesn't work for disc bought keys as far as I'm aware, and anything else is technically piracy since you have to upload to download.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

ahh right on man!! thanks for the quick reply snoogs, but IF i cant find a friend with a CD, would it bad bad to download JUST cd1??

Like you said i have cd2-3 AND my cd key, so i see where the piracy comes in, but if its my cd key, then should it really matter?

again thanks for the quick reply

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I don't find downloading a copy when you own a license to a game to be morally bad myself, but that is my personal opinion and I'd still recommend seeing if you can find a friend's disc first.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

right on!!! thanks for the advice, hope to see you guys soon in game!! :)

Comment

so I actually had a copy of my cd-1 on my FTP, found it, burnt it, installed. Ran PR installer, started PR and then I get the: "Please insert the install disk into cd-rom drive" sooo......

My next question is do I have to install the patches in order from 1-1.5, or can I just do the 1.5 patch? I only downloaded 1.5 and when i went to go install it, a info box came up and said that I was already patched up and ready to go, thus my question above.

Comment

I would do it in order. I have heard from some PR players that skipping has been known to cause issues.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                so I actually had a copy of my cd-1 on my FTP, found it, burnt it, installed. Ran PR installer, started PR and then I get the: "Please insert the install disk into cd-rom drive" sooo......

My next question is do I have to install the patches in order from 1-1.5, or can I just do the 1.5 patch? I only downloaded 1.5 and when i went to go install it, a info box came up and said that I was already patched up and ready to go, thus my question above.
                Dredge is right, also the 1.5 patch isn't a full patch anyway. Your game needs to be at 1.41 before patching to 1.5 or it won't fully install 1.5.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bf2_...available.aspx

Comment

after 1.5 patch you dont need the CD anymore.

| | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X