Problem Joining Servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Joining Servers

Recently when i try to join a server it says "Joining Server" and then just goes back to the server list screen, it doesnt give me any "server is full" message or anything like that. Ive tried to join empty rooms to make sure it wasnt just a full room. I updated pb so thats not it...any ideas?

Re: Problem Joining Servers

Originally posted by Carface
    Recently when i try to join a server it says "Joining Server" and then just goes back to the server list screen, it doesnt give me any "server is full" message or anything like that. Ive tried to join empty rooms to make sure it wasnt just a full room. I updated pb so thats not it...any ideas?
    Is this for any server? Or for one of our servers? And if the latter, which ONE of our servers?
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I'm really pissed of about Battlefield 2! I have (again) the exact same problem! I cant connect to any server anymore. I didnt change anything.

This game is so annoying! I was spending more time with fixing problems in BF2 than playing it and just, when im thinking: "Now, everything works ..." BOOM --- a new problem occurs! Im really beginning to FREAK OUT!

Sorry ... but ... ahhhhh! I hate BF II! This is the worst game ive ever installed on my computer in my entire life!

I hope somebody will find a solution for THIS problem soon. Ive read some posts today on other forums and ... we are not the only victims of this new bug.

I dont updated anything (PB or something like that) so I have no idea...!

I just changed monitors but ... im quite convinced that this is not the prob.

Carface, did you change anything in your profile by using editor?? This is what i did but just the HZ value because my new monitor doesnt work with my settings i used before.

This is unbelievable!

Greetz Jack Bauer

Comment

Reinstall.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Yes, it works. After reinstalling the game the problem is gone. But Im not quite sure if this is the final solution. I swear, in one or two days the prob will occure again.

Im looking forward to the first BF II Patch. If this patch contains fixes for all these BF II probs, Im afraid it is bigger than 1 GB! ;)

Greetz JackBauer

Comment

Yea i reinstalled the game but im worried that is a temp solution also...damn i really enjoy playing the game too...

Comment

I Too Have The Exact Same Problem. If Anyone Knows How To Fix It Please Help Me. Except My Problem Has A Slight Twist.....the Game Wont Let Me Reinstall It. The Unistall Wizard Comes Up, But Then Disappears. So I Removed It Manually And Then, Hold Your Breath, It Wont Let Me Install Again From Scratch.........son Of A Bi***

Comment

Originally posted by 17falcon17
                I Too Have The Exact Same Problem. If Anyone Knows How To Fix It Please Help Me. Except My Problem Has A Slight Twist.....the Game Wont Let Me Reinstall It. The Unistall Wizard Comes Up, But Then Disappears. So I Removed It Manually And Then, Hold Your Breath, It Wont Let Me Install Again From Scratch.........son Of A Bi***
                Hope this sorts you out (maybe you already tried this):

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...&postcount=376

Comment

Try clicking on the Battlefield2_code.exe file in your: ?:\?\BF2\Support directory and reenter your CD Key.

It appears that this is what happens when the game can't read the key properly.

Comment

I have the same problem and going to reinstall it tomorrow. The only thing I am afraid of is losing all my medals and ribbons and my username completely.

Comment

your stats are saved on gamespy servers you have no fear...but we dont play for medals or ranks.....
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                        Try clicking on the Battlefield2_code.exe file in your: ?:\?\BF2\Support directory and reenter your CD Key.

It appears that this is what happens when the game can't read the key properly.
                        I had the same issue with connecting to servers today and re registering the CD key solved the problem.

Thanks ptegan, you saved me a re-install.

Cheers

Simon

ps as an addendum.. I ran a defrag the night before... May have been the cause I guess.

Comment

I had the exact problem, but it happened after I uninstalled some games. I did a restore and all was fine again.
                          "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                          [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X