Some Autokick issues from last night. 6/28

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Autokick issues from last night. 6/28

Just wanted to give a bug report from last nights playing in regards to the Autokick feature.

I was kicked 4 times last night for not being in a squad even though, each time, I actually was. Every time I joined the server, I'd hook up with a squad before my initial spawn....and if I ever left my squad I immediately moved to a new one. So I'm not sure what I did that flagged the script to boot me.

On two seperate occasions I tried to switch sides when I noticed that the other team was down some players. Each time I tried, I got booted. One was from US to MEC and the other was from Chinese to US.

I noticed at least 4 other people that were in squads getting kicked as well with the "Being kicked for not being in a Squad" message popping up. Not quite sure how the script "flags" people to be kicked, but something seems to be working with a mind of it's own. ;)

I think the autokick feature is a great tool and I appreciate all the work that's being put into it. I also realize that it's still a work in progress and there are going to be bumps along the way. I just wanted to keep you informed on what I experienced last night in the hopes that it might help you troubleshoot the issue. :)

Anyone else have similar issues?
    It's all in the Reflexes.

Re: Some Autokick issues from last night. 6/28

i got a message saying kicked becuase idle, which i was in the middle of a fire fight and in squad so im not sure what that is....
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

There are a couple issues that are being worked on. Some adjustments were made today that hopefully will resolve the problem, but any feedback is certainly welcome as it will help us refine this functionality and make sure it is working properly for the future.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Thanks for the understanding and the reports. But mainly for the understanding. :)

For those that care:
        there seems to be something odd with the PlayerDeath event. Being the logical creature that I am, I'd think it only fired... you know, when people died. Therefore, I designed the plugin to look at whether or not you were on a squad when that event hit. Nothing before, nothing after. Simple.

But the kicking seems to be happening at other times besides death (changing teams seems to be a definite issue), which would lead me to believe that the PlayerDeath event is firing at other times that aren't when people die.

Rest assured, we want to make the best possible game for you here at TacticalGamer. To that end, we'll trick this sucker out until it works flawlessly. And if we can't get it to work flawlessly, we'll remove it.

Again, thank you all for your patience and understanding.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
          i got a message saying kicked becuase idle, which i was in the middle of a fire fight and in squad so im not sure what that is....
          That one isn't me. :)
          [volun2]
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

Good GOD ...

I just want to THANK Nemesis for taking the time to post details CALMLY.

Having walked for the NS server down the road the Pokerface is now walking down for the BF2 server (mods to meet the community's needs), I know FIRST HAND how VALUABLE it is to have people who can give feedback and useful information without BITCHING (even when it's arguably justifiable).

THANK YOU, Nem.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Is there any official documentation of the server scripting facilities from EA?

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
                Is there any official documentation of the server scripting facilities from EA?
                No. There is not, at least not as of the last time I looked.
                [volun2]

Comment

Test this, but I'm 66.743% sure it's accurate, as I've found myself suddenly squadless at times, and I know I was trying to switch teams to join Wyzcrak's Blackhawk crew.

If you're in a squad on the USMC side, and click the MEC tab trying to switch teams, and fail because the team balance is A.O.K., you will leave your squad. That's not restricted to USMC->MEC either; just an example.
                  "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

How is the autokick feature suppossed to work? Is this the 'next gen' of the feature that doesn't autoswitch you if you are in a squad?

Comment

A player not on a squad is removed from the server when he dies.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I had an odd kick earlier today. I was on the server for a few minutes. I had joined a squad then left it a minute later while I was dead. Before I joined another squad I was kicked for "excessive TK'ing or vote kick". I'm not sure what that was about since I hadn't killed anybody.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                          I had an odd kick earlier today. I was on the server for a few minutes. I had joined a squad then left it a minute later while I was dead. Before I joined another squad I was kicked for "excessive TK'ing or vote kick". I'm not sure what that was about since I hadn't killed anybody.
                          The kick message always says that. It's one of the more infuritating things about BF2; "kick" doesn't accept a argument for [reason why you were kicked].

It was probably the squadless kick. I'm going to tweak it tonight to see if I can fix that.
                          [volun2]

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                            A player not on a squad is removed from the server when he dies.
                            This is very cool. Do you still have autobalance on as well as the script that doesn't move you when you are squadded up?

I am going to assume it works even on 'custom squads'. Have you had any people try to get around it by starting their own custom squad?

Also, if you folks would be willing to share both those scripts with me for use on my clan's new server (my clan is starting one, [RS] Rogue Saints.. we have strong GR and RvS teams but are starting a BF2 team), I would appreciate it. I think it will encourage teamplay which is always a great thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Makk
                              This is very cool. Do you still have autobalance on as well as the script that doesn't move you when you are squadded up?

I am going to assume it works even on 'custom squads'. Have you had any people try to get around it by starting their own custom squad?

Also, if you folks would be willing to share both those scripts with me for use on my clan's new server (my clan is starting one, [RS] Rogue Saints.. we have strong GR and RvS teams but are starting a BF2 team), I would appreciate it. I think it will encourage teamplay which is always a great thing.
                              Both autobalance and squadless kick are active. I'm in the process of beta testing the fixes right this moment (but I need others to do it since my HDD is b0rked).

"Custom Squads" avoid being kicked. It matters not that a person is alone in a squad, but that's they're in one at all. Being in a squad means that you're in the chain of command, and can hear the comm, speak to the comm, and see waypoints set for you. The plugin really just forces you to be part of the team. Being a GOOD part of the team is still up to you though; the admins have discretion on that one.

The autobalance is certainly sharable, as it's pretty rock solid on its own and not doing anything too incredibly novel. The squadless kick needs to be ironed a bit before I'm willing to let that go into the wild (and even then, I'd only do so at the game officer's discretion).
                              [volun2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X