slow comp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow comp

one of my other comps is gowing realy slow, takes 2 minutes to open internet explorer, did several virus scans and did all the tests i cnow of, but nothing seems to help, plz help ME!

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
    "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Sproge The Crazy Swede

Re: slow comp

Try going through your open processes in task manager, maybe you'll find whats slowing your computer down

|TG| Buletproof_Bob

Comment

I had the same problem on a buddies rig. 1st what AV are u using? If VIPRE is your AV of choice get rid of it. I takes aprox 45 - 60 sec to load the page! Then god help you after that. Its very tight and very annoying. It actually caused connection losses on PR. Next If you are using MS security essentials. Goto ctrl/alt/delete find it in processes and disable it as it lagged EVERY
      online game i was running..... but if i were u Id see if your AV is not tightened down a bit too much...... Thats my 2 shiny
      Lincoln's anywho!
      Oh this is my exp. with IE 8. Not sure what browser u are using.
      This might be a stupid question but have you googled it yet?/// just to see if there are similar poeple having issues?
      Good luck.

Comment

Usually my solution is to just format the drive I have my OS and reinstall Windows. I save all the necessary stuff to my other drive, so I don't have to setup everything from a scratch. It's a bit drastic, but it helps. From my experience Windows just gathers a lot of muck in it, which slows everything down... including the web browser.

I did this with XP. Now I'm using Win7 and it hasn't caused any problems yet (in 9 months).

Out of curiosity? Why are you using Internet Exploder?
        [S7]Hablos
        Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse