Clear All

• PR starts, but doesn't complete

System components:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.0GHz)
    4GB RAM
    2x 500GB drive in RAID 0
    eVGA GeForce 8800GTS
    Windows 7 x64

I performed a fresh install of BF2 from disc (never installed on this OS load before). Patched 1.41. Patched 1.5. Installed PR .95 core installations one, two and three.

Configured mumble, all works there.

Configured the PR shortcut to run as Administrator with Windows XP SP3 compatibility.

When I run PR, the splash screen comes up, sits for about ten to twelve seconds, and then disappears. Task manager indicates 'pr.exe' is no longer running.

Any ideas?

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Re: PR starts, but doesn't complete

yeah thats my problem too :D

Comment

Can you run BF2 and are you using a wide screen monitor?

I had the exact same problem when I was running vista 32. The problem was I could not use my new 20" wide screen monitor for PR, but I could use it to run BF2. I switched to my old 19 CRT and PR worked perfectly. I played that way for over a year. Now I just switched to Windows 7 64 not too long ago as a fresh install on a new Hard drive with the same computer. I installed BF2 and PR, now everything works great on my 20" wide screen monitor.

I think it was some sort of hidden glitch in the install of my game that was causing my problems. I suggest deleting and doing another install of the game from scratch. Maybe try it with newly downloaded patches as well.

P.S. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4800

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Yeah it has something to do with your screen resolution. You can run it in windowed mode (modify the shortcut with +menu 0) to see if it will run.

If not you can force the resolution you want via the shortcut. I am at work right now so i'll give a link as to where you can find this stuff: http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html

hope it helped.

pm me if you have any further questions

P>S As said in the post above It CAN be a result of a bad install. If it is you need to uninstall all and reinstall obviously.

Comment

Damonte is using a standard 19" 4:3 monitor, not widescreen at all.

Damonte also did get it working. Instead of installing to "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 2", he installed to "C:\Games\BF2". For some reason, that worked better.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Details of the fix:

- Installed BF2 to C:\Games\BF2 (right on click on Setup.exe, run as Administrator)
            - Installed BF2 Patch 1.41 (right click, run as Administrator)
            - Installed BF2 Patch 1.5 (right click, run as Administrator)
            - Installed PR Core 1 (right click, run as Administrator)
            - Installed PR Core 2 (right click, run as Administrator)
            - Installed PR Core 3 (right click, run as Administrator)

Worked just fine this time.

Comment

i had this problem too, i simply loaded up BF2 vanilla, logged in then closed the game.. pr worked for me then..

(mine was a fresh install)

Comment

Hello - No need to change your monitors just right click on PR icon, go to properties then shortcut. At the end of the target destination put a space then add this:

+menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900

PR now works fine on your widescreen :-)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X