Network Data Corruption Error Please Try Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Data Corruption Error Please Try Again

I have received the error message in the title of this thread one time on each of the last three days on the TG BF server #2. It usually occurs between rounds (once when I tried to initially join) while I am waiting for the "verifying client data" process to complete. The error tosses me back to the multiplayer page but in each instance I was able to rejoin and everything loaded okay. The upshot in each case was that I lost about 10 minutes of playing time on each map.

Admittedly I play almost exclusively on the TG server, but I have not experienced this error on other servers.

I have also noticed that the client data verification takes longer on the TG server than elsewhere. Map loading and verification time combined can easily take 5-10 minutes. More than once my squad from the last round has already moved out and taken a flag before I get in the game. Has anyone else experienced either of these issues? Is the wait time a RAM issue? (I only have 512MB)

Now, once I am in the map and I have gotten past the initial minute or so of video and audio stutter everything runs very smoothly with no lag; much better, in fact, than any other server I have joined.

Alright, just thought that I would throw these out there to see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Re: Network Data Corruption Error Please Try Again

5-10 MINUTES?!? That is WAY too long.

Are you playing on 64 player servers when you play elsewhere?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
      5-10 MINUTES?!? That is WAY too long.

Are you playing on 64 player servers when you play elsewhere?
      Almost always. I have gotten into the habit of having reading materials handy while I wait for maps to load--I usually look over my lectures for the next day's class.

My wait time with the demo was also longish, but not nearly so, and again, the TG server almost always takes twice as long as others. If anything can be done about it, great. If not, it is worth the wait ;)

Comment

it has to be something with youre comp. either that, or you are trying to run bf2 on high settings with a low end graphics card. i dont know of any one else that has this problem, so i suspect youre computer to be the culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
          it has to be something with youre comp. either that, or you are trying to run bf2 on high settings with a low end graphics card. i dont know of any one else that has this problem, so i suspect youre computer to be the culprit.
          I imagine so, though I am running everything at medium (low texture) and 4xAA. My rig is as listed below. I imagine that it is more an issue of not enough RAM rather than a video or sound card problem b/c once I get in to the game my performance is quite smooth (after an initial 30-45 secs of stutter).

P4 2.53 Ghz
          512MB PC1066 RDRAM
          128MB ATI Radeon 9700
          Soundblaster Live 5.1

I don't know what to attribute the network data corruption error to, however....

Comment

That loading time is definitely not normal. I take less than a minute to load the map and verify client data. Although I have noticed I'm usually one of the first people in the game when a new map starts.

Your RAM is definitely hurting you and is probably the biggest attributor to your lag when you first enter a game, as your RAM is having to swap with your pagefile. 4xAA also seems kind of high for your video card. I'd turn it off myself.
            Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
              That loading time is definitely not normal. I take less than a minute to load the map and verify client data. Although I have noticed I'm usually one of the first people in the game when a new map starts.

Your RAM is definitely hurting you and is probably the biggest attributor to your lag when you first enter a game, as your RAM is having to swap with your pagefile. 4xAA also seems kind of high for your video card. I'd turn it off myself.

I found this thread on PB which points the finger at Punkbuster for the verify wait time:

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbat...19&tid=1686788

I played in the early evening yesterday and only had about 3-4 minutes of combined wait. Perhaps the latest punkbuster update helped.

Sometimes it takes a minute or two after I hit the join button as well. I still don't understand why the wait is almost always noticeably longer with the TG server. Ah well, as I said before its worth it.

I agree that the RAM is responsible for the initial lag, but nothing can be done until get my check for teaching summer school. As for the AA it looks really jagged and crappy with it off and I really don't have any video stutter or lag once the map gets underway so I think I will leave it or perhaps try 2X.

Edit: I also still don't understand the network corruption error, which also unique to the TG server. Has anyone else expereinced this?

Comment

I have this exact problem also. Map loads in 20 seconds and takes 2-5 minutes to verify the client data. I literally fell asleep for the night during one of these verifies. The best I found searching the web today was to open some ports if you're using a router. I think they are the same ones listed in the manual and of course I lost the website where I read this. I currently have a wireless lan using a router, but not ultra tight security or anything.

I know it's not my specs,
                AMD 64 4000+
                A8V-E Deluxe
                x850XT
                1GB ram

True 2GB is ideal but not an absolute necessity. If anyone else had this problem or figured out how to fix it whether or not you had a router I would be interested to see how it turned out. I never have issues connecting to other game servers (CS, UT) and their ports but I'm going to try it tonight when I get home.

Comment

My map loading usually doesn't take more than a minute or so, and then it takes a good 3-5 minutes for Client Data Verification....

Athlon XP 3000+
                  1.5GB RAM
                  6600GT
                  Linksys Router w/no manual port forwarding

I haven't noticed that the problem is unusual on TG -- it happens to me most everywhere I connect. It does seem to take longer on 64 player servers, though. No problems with other games.

Comment

I verify data for about 20-30 seconds, and I think that's too long. I would freak if it took minutes.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Well I opened a huge range of TCP and UDP ports and still no help. Also lowering texture quality may have helped a tad but nothing noticeable. Oh well still googling to find an answer :(. This game is a lot less fun when you have to idle about for 10 minutes between map changes only to miss the beginning of every map.

Comment

Originally posted by Muld
                        Well I opened a huge range of TCP and UDP ports and still no help. Also lowering texture quality may have helped a tad but nothing noticeable. Oh well still googling to find an answer :(. This game is a lot less fun when you have to idle about for 10 minutes between map changes only to miss the beginning of every map.
                        I'm hoping my new HDD with its 8MB cache helps. I'm doing the "re-install your life" dance right now, though, so i probably won't find out until tomorrow.
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Question to those who load the game under 2 minutes. What option did you choose when installing the game. How about the ones having verifying issues? I believe there was something like Standard and then there was Complete. I know I chose the Complete option. My BF2 folder right now is 5.61 GB so if it has to verify every single file in there it's going to take forever. I assumed Complete installation would be faster since it would put everything on the Hard drive but maybe not?

Also poker, I'm running a WD 10,000 rpm hard drive and it seems to make little difference in this case.

Note: I timed it and it took over 4 minutes of verifying before BF2 crashed. My first crash ever in BF2 but still despressing that I miss about 1/15th of the map time or more.

Comment

I installed Complete. It is installed on a EIDE WD 120 GB drive. I have 1 GB of RAM. 3200+.

DSL modem.

Are all of you guys on routers?

Comment

I have an SBG1000. Google it if you wish. :P

Latency has never been an issue.

My load times for the new HDD are officially somewhere between "reasonable" and "kickass". I now blame the crappy HDD before it.
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X