X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just ordered a dell

specs:

dimension 9100
    Pentium® 4 Processor 630 with HT Technology (3GHz, 800FSB)
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition
    1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs
    250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
    Dual Drives: 16x DVD + FREE UPGRADE! 16x DVD+/-RW w/dbl layer write
    17 inch E173FP Analog Flat Panel
    256MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) nVidia GeForce 6800
    Sound Blaster® Live! 24-bit ADVANCED HD™ Audio
    Dell 5650 5.1 100 Watt Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer
    plus i have adelphia cable internet

id like to know if id b able to run battlefield 2 SMOOTHLY with this system?
    if so at what settings should i have the game set at?
    most importantly, at these settings will the game still be ENJOYABLE?

thanks in advance!

Re: just ordered a dell

Smooth with medium settings. The vid card is a little substandard. Is that sound an off-mobo sound card?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

dude! thats my rig! :D you stole it, lol. its the same execpt for the sound system. ive got a speaker on the dell flat pannel. i can play css very smoothly on mine and thats with a radeon x300! you should be able to play bf2 smoothly on it.

Comment

yes!!! ive just recently got into computer gaming (this week :) ) when i picked up a dell sunday newspaper ad for the new 9100. i decided i couldnt wait for modern combat and convinced my mom to get this thing since my computer now is dying and we need a new family computer. i got all that stuff for $1788 including tax and free shipping :). dell better hurry up with my order!

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
          Smooth with medium settings. The vid card is a little substandard. Is that sound an off-mobo sound card?
          i have no idea what an off-mobo sound card is (sorry check the dell website?). but in a battlefield 2 trailer that ^ sound card is recommended :)

Comment

thats around what my rig cost. :)

Comment

It probably is a separate sound card, so don't worry.. You'll be able to enjoy the game fine.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

im pretty sure that an off-mobo card is one that is not clipped in like ram is. i think it allows for a better card.

Comment

thanks guys!

Comment

Ya, SB Live! is a PCI sound card, or USB depending on what you get, sounds like you got the PCI version.

Great rig, i had a Dem 8250, and it was great untill now, well, it still is, i got a different computer.
                    Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
                      Ya, SB Live! is a PCI sound card, or USB depending on what you get, sounds like you got the PCI version.

Great rig, i had a Dem 8250, and it was great untill now, well, it still is, i got a different computer.
                      thanks. ive owned two HPs previously and the systems and service, for lack of a better word, sucked. i just ordered this thing tuesday night and i can already tell that my service and support will be excellent. my system was already kitted and built and will now be tested. i have 3 year service thing they have so hopefully it works out fine. this is my first "gaming pc". itll be the family computer but it is my first computer that will be capable of running current pc games. ive been a console gamer for awhile so im real excited about experiencing pc gaming. word is that FPS's on PCs are way better than console FPS's. i cant wait to experience it!

Comment

Dude ur gettin a Dell!
                        "If it's dangerous to talk to yourself, it's probably even dicier to listen" -Jim Hightower

Comment

You can run the game on medium-high settings. Set your textures to medium and fiddle around with the rest on high to see what works for you.
                          Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by Telorn
                            You can run the game on medium-high settings. Set your textures to medium and fiddle around with the rest on high to see what works for you.
                            well ill get the computer early next week, download the demo, tweak that, and ill buy BF2 sometime next week unless i absolutely hate the demo (unlikely). what view distance percentage do u thing i could get? im hoping 90%-100%.

Comment

Definitely set the view distance to 100% even if you have to sacrifice quality. Don't expect 1600x1200 resolution with max graphics or anything. If you play at 1024x768 like most gamers you should be fine.

Is it a vanilla 6800 or the GT or Ultra?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X