Blackouts and poor performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackouts and poor performance

I'm getting an issue where for the first 2 or 3min of a game, I get a lot of lag. It will work fine for 5sec, then freeze for 2-3sec and so on... Then after about 2-3min in the map, all or part of the screen goes black and the whole thing freezes for about 20-30sec.

My specs: Radeon X850 XT, Athlon 64 4000+, Asus A8N SLI-Deluxe, Creative Audigy 2 ZS, 1GB of Corsair PC3200 DDR, WinXP Pro SP2, etc... As you might imagine, it runs other games fairly well ;). Just running into all sorts of problems with BF2 here. Using the new 5.6 Catalyst drivers. System was rock solid, no crashing ever until I got BF2 on there.

I realize that there's probably gonna need to be a patch before this works smoothly, but it'd be nice to eliminate that real hard freezing during the first few min of play (bad luck while flying).

If I missed any other threads with this particular symptom, point me in the right direction?

Re: Blackouts and poor performance

Originally posted by drdoak
    I'm getting an issue where for the first 2 or 3min of a game, I get a lot of lag. It will work fine for 5sec, then freeze for 2-3sec and so on... Then after about 2-3min in the map, all or part of the screen goes black and the whole thing freezes for about 20-30sec.

My specs: Radeon X850 XT, Athlon 64 4000+, Asus A8N SLI-Deluxe, Creative Audigy 2 ZS, 1GB of Corsair PC3200 DDR, WinXP Pro SP2, etc... As you might imagine, it runs other games fairly well ;). Just running into all sorts of problems with BF2 here. Using the new 5.6 Catalyst drivers. System was rock solid, no crashing ever until I got BF2 on there.

I realize that there's probably gonna need to be a patch before this works smoothly, but it'd be nice to eliminate that real hard freezing during the first few min of play (bad luck while flying).

If I missed any other threads with this particular symptom, point me in the right direction?
    One suggestion I saw in another post was to try rolling back your video drivers. I remember reading something that there have been some issues with the 5.6 drivers and rolling back seemed to solve them.

[volun]

Comment

I Don't think its your machine, i think alot of servers are having problems with 64 players right now, it seems to be the case with any 64 player server i join that is close to full.
      Life's tough, but tougher when you're stupid

Comment

Yes, many of us are experiencing the same thing.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I can guarantee that the problem isn't server related ;). While the 64 man servers pile on more lag, the stuff I described happens in single player maps too.

Grrr... Figures that I'd decide to upgrade my graphics drivers like 5min before installing BF2 ;).

Comment

Tried the older 5.5 drivers, still get the same problems, but the main event (20-30sec blackout) now happens like 5 min into the game and is only 10sec long ;). Minor improvement I suppose!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X