No announcement yet.

UbiSoft...we have a problem...again...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UbiSoft...we have a problem...again...

So it's Wed. April 16th, the day Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is released to the masses... I've stopped buying store copies of games, preferring a "at home", digital download version...

I used Direct2Drive for many games in the past, including the GRAW series and R6 Vegas 1, but they were slow, very slow too release patches and updates for there versions... so I went to STEAM, first game I've pre-ordered via Steam, was Rainbow Six Vegas 2... so I woke up at 5 AM this morning, (not for a game, but to get my kids to school), I checked every hour today for the release, no joy... all day long, NOTHING... then 8 PM I check again, one last time because I have to go to work, it's up and I quickly start downloading... I decide to take the night off from work, since it is Wednesday and much never happens... R6 Vegas 2 downloads in 2 hours... not bad, but still pissed that I had to wait ALL day...

So I boot it up... and this is what I get:

Character Screen:

The classic Presidio map:

The classic Kill House:

The images flash like crazy, graphics are ripped and disappear...etc etc...

So THANK YOU....AGAIN UbiSoft...

Thank you for another sub-par PC version...

Thank you for killing a classic Tom Clancy series...

Thank you, again, for pushing me further away from PC games and embracing my Xbox 360...

It's not us gamer's who have ruined these series, these games, PC gaming in general... it's developers like UbiSoft, THQ and many others.... look what they did to the excellent GR series, even GRAW1 and 2 on the PC was the red headed step children, same thing with Vegas, Vegas 1 and 2...

So now we have to listen and read peoples bitches and complaints, like this one here... while UbiSoft continues to collect our money for another crappy product, say they will support it...but it's the PC version, theres no real support coming...

Thanks alot UbiSoft for continuing to ruin my hobby....

I can hear some of you saying... "It's not UbiSoft's fault, it's your system"... maybe, but highly unlikely... why? because I ensure that I use the latest, greatest, and most popular PC parts... I keep the drivers updated, the system updated, and the system in tune... no, a very common, well known brand, with well known parts... Watch and see, I won't be the only one...
    UbiSoft... did you even beta test this thing, or just convert it from console to PC?

Shame...

SO...anyone else having similar problems, or a different set of problems?

(OK, venting over...still pissed but I expect it from developers now-a-days... hell just look at any recent release... Frontlines, ToW, CMSF...sure some were fixed, because there PC exclusives... but it seems if theres a console counter-part the PC gets the short straw...everytime.)

JMO
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: UbiSoft...we have a problem...again...

Mine has been running good. No problems.

Comment

At least you can get yours to load.... My game freezes on the loading screen, and the menu music starts playing... but just stays 'Not Responding' on the loading screen...
      "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

OK... it's morning now... sorry for my rant last night before bed... I'm still pissed...tired of the PC getting sloppy seconds on games that were made off the PC...

Lets hope they address these issues ASAP... but if you were on the fence on this one, might want to wait and see what others say.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

You need to just stop feeding Ubi money. I completely swore off their Tom Clancy games after getting burned by GRAW. I have had no desire to try R6:V 1 or 2 or GRAW 2 on PC (although I found R6:V to be a lot of fun on the 360, but more in an arcade shooter way than a tactical shooter way).
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

dam !
            stick with the console version i gave up on pc ..... not like the old days ! if it wasnt for us back then there would not a RVS franchise today !

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
              You need to just stop feeding Ubi money. I completely swore off their Tom Clancy games after getting burned by GRAW. I have had no desire to try R6:V 1 or 2 or GRAW 2 on PC (although I found R6:V to be a lot of fun on the 360, but more in an arcade shooter way than a tactical shooter way).
              Agreed, Ubi has ruined the awesome legacy that Red Storm built into the Tom Clancy games. I refuse to buy them anymore. I must admit, I do have a blast playing R6 LV2 co-op missions with my cousin on his 360, but I won't be buying it for my PS3 or PC myself.

Comment

I love Rainbow Six Vegas, sure its been "Xboxed" to appeal to the mass market but you have to come to expect that. No major franchise by a cross platform company is going to be a PC exclusive. The world of realism is destroyed and won't come back.

GRAW was awful, but Red Storm destroyed the Ghost Recon name before Ubisoft did with those crap expansions.

Comment

This is why i torrent most of my games and if it is satisfactory game that actually runs on my computer I go back and buy off steam or even (gasp) the dvd. This game didn't make the cut...

Comment

I had problems like those with CoD4 multiplayer.

Sometimes I wish that people would make more 'PC only' or 'console only' games, to avoid this sort of thing happening...
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
                      This is why i torrent most of my games and if it is satisfactory game that actually runs on my computer I go back and buy off steam or even (gasp) the dvd. This game didn't make the cut...
                      same here, the sound problems I have isn't making the cut, and I already felt bad last year for buying graw2 and didn't go anywhere.

Comment

Magnum, have you played with the "Graphic settings"? I changed mine from max, to I believe "7" and I did see transparent textures, but it was just in the menu for me.

Comment

no, not yet...but plan on doing the trouble shooting thing today...

OT:
                          The world of realism is destroyed and won't come back.

I give you hope my friend:

http://www.simhq.com/_land3/land_101a.html
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Do you know if the Steam version is patched?

Comment

yes it is...and BTW...

OK... problem solved, but still think it's BS that we have these issues, and BS that I can't run games with everything maxed on my 4k system... but anyway...

If you turn off AA, not just lower the level, has to be NONE and it runs fine:

Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X