• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First impressions (with screenshots)

First impressions (with screenshots)

... title says it all

what do you guys think ?

Re: First impressions (with screenshots)

I have read enough platform monkey reviews, too. This has been out for a few days now and I am not sensing any ground swell of support. What gives?
    LawnDart

The second mouse gets the cheese

Comment

Everyone has it for the Xbox.

Comment

and that will continue to be the downfall of the PC series... what will happen is that they decide they didn't sell enough this time, so will skip the PC next time... Just my 2 cents.

Well heres my review for the PC version...

read my detailed Xbox 360 version:
        http://www.simhq.com/_land3/land_100a.html

Take away all the live stuff, add the typical UbiSoft MP component, add mouse and keyboard control that just don't seem right because this game was made for a controller.

So basically what I am saying is that Vegas 2 for the PC is an EXACT port of the Xbox 360 version... same maps, modes, story, rank and in game acivements... it is a nice and fun action shooter, but Vegas 2 is not a tactical shooter...

If you think Vegas 2 is going to be like the original R6, then you will be sadly mistaken...

If you prefer GR and R6 type games, you will be unhappy with Vegas 1 and 2.

If you prefer counterstrike, CoD4, and the Battlefield series, then you probably will like Vegas 2.

JMO
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Played about 5 hours of SP so far and played a few TDM games online. It's ok. Not earth-shattering. Like Magnum said it's definitely not tactical, other than you can use your 2 teammates to flank, breach openings, rappel rope etc.

SP is fairly linear although you can approach how you enter a room in different ways (but you have to go through the room usually).

Definitely worth playing through to the end. Whether I keep it depends on how well the MP turns out in the long-run.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X