introduction and RAVEN SHIELD STRATEGIES

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introduction and RAVEN SHIELD STRATEGIES

Hey everybody, just signed in! I'm here to introduce myself and say a big 'hello' to everyone!! Really glad to find serious tactical gamers over here!! My first post is also an invitation to discuss tactics and strategies on playing R6|Raven Shield, IMHO the most realistic game for indoor and up-close outdoor combat that has ever been made. There are so many small details on it and such a great replayability, that it's the game i always come back playing after finishing all the new titles, hehehehe. The new ones are too much 'movieish', too much scripted, so after beating them once or twice, they're not fun anymore (guess that's the new 'strategy' game companies invented for keeping us giving them our hard earned money!!). Well, i posted some serious gameplay videos on youtube, and i invite everyone interested in discussing tactics to watch them. We could create a kind of 'debriefing' forum. What do you think?

to find the videos, just search 'strategic playing' on youtube

hope you like them! I'm, of course, available to comment your videos too!! if you get interested, just use fraps, it's very easy to record them with it.

peace

Re: introduction and RAVEN SHIELD STRATEGIES

Hey there... I posted a thread about this game trying to see if anyone is interested in playing. There hasn't been a single reply yet so I'm not sure what to make of that. But, if you're interested in playing this, let me know.

Aside from the AI being a little goofy, this really is a great game for tactical squad/team play. I used to run with a group that played this religiously, and I still play it daily for an hour or so. Just look for the in-game name Punisher. Hopefully it's me. :P
    "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

Hey man, i saw your post, but just didn't reply because i got no fast internet at home so i ufortunately have to stick with single playing only by now (unfortunately). i'm planning to install a cable net soon, didn't get the time to it yet. Anyway, the focus of my message is kinda different of what you proposed, that's why it is in a new thread. Anyway, RvS is one of the best games (if not THE one) for serious tactical multiplayer, and i can't wait to have some rounds fired with you guys.

peace

Comment

Hey Punisher!

Are you the same Punisher that used to map for Ghost Recon? Even further, did you happen to play on GameRanger on a Mac? If not disregard, If so... don't know if you remember me from way back then, but my squad used to play with you guys quite often.

We used to play RvS and GhR exclusivly but we haven't played those games in years. i recently picked up Vegas 2 and remembered all the good times we had in that series. What a blast.
        Vir-Chew-All!!

"I'm blind to you.... haters! Can't touch me, war instigators!" - Collie Buddz
        "I really was about to call a whaaaaambulance! Less whining, more winning!" - Vir2L

Comment

I played Ghost Recon under the same name... but no I never did any mapping. So that may or may not have been me. I used to play the original R6 series on up to (and stopping at) Raven Shield, Ghost Recon, and the SWAT series. I also played the CoD series and a couple of other games under a different name.

Ghost Recon was always the best basic infantry type game (after Flashpoint which was a bit more strict realism). Raven Shield was good for the smaller more interior maps while SWAT 4 was the best for inside only with close small team based operations.

If anyone wants to get in-game... just shoot me hello in TS. I'm going to get a new account set up for X-Fire here shortly. So, when I do that you can add me there as well.
          "They laugh at the law... but they don't laugh at me."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X