This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Coco Palermo View Post
    I picked up Squad a couple weeks back when it was on sale and I am hooked! I've always played console games up until 2010 when my Xbox 360 got the red ring of death. I then went 7 years without playing any games. This past October I made a couple upgrades to my PC, got Steam and here we are today. The past two nights I was lucky enough to play with a few of you TG members and it was the best experience I've had playing this game. It's great when everybody is on the same page working towards an objective. I look forward to playing with you all again! Hopefully one day I'll get to be an official [TG] member.
    Hi Coco

Welcome to TG! Glad you've been enjoying yourself on the server and we hope you stick around.

Take a few minutes to read over the server rules and the TG Primer (linked in the rules post): https://www.tacticalgamer.com/forum/...ion#post134918

You can also join us on Discord while you're playing: www.discord.me/tacticalgamer

See you on the server

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
    |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

• Re: Introduce yourself

A bit late to this and I've been here a while but I saw this thread so I thought why not.
      So here it goes:
      My name's Drew, Andy, Andrew... I don't really care out of the three what you call me, whatever you prefer. Like I said before I've been here awhile, 6 months even more? Completely because of the friendly crowd on Arma is why I stayed and will carry on being here. Arma and Skyrim have to be my favourite games whilst being at complete different ends of the vague genre spectrum I would called Action.

I was born in Aberdeen, Scotland but lived practically all my life in West Yorkshire, England. My hobbies include listening to music usually streaming or listen on my vinyl player whenever the chance arises (most of my vinyl collection consists of Bowie), playing video game, card games and role playing games, and cooking food.

My current profession is being a chef, as cooking is one of my favourite things I took the opportunity a year ago to become a chef and whilst writing this I am the 2nd chef at a Luxe awarded vintage tearoom and restaurant and wish to carry on progressing and getting better in my career, like any sane person would, lol.

Can't think of much more to say and would like to applaud anyone who actually bothered to take their time reading my reply to this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drewid View Post
        Re: Introduce yourself

A bit late to this and I've been here a while but I saw this thread so I thought why not.
        So here it goes:
        My name's Drew, Andy, Andrew... I don't really care out of the three what you call me, whatever you prefer. Like I said before I've been here awhile, 6 months even more? Completely because of the friendly crowd on Arma is why I stayed and will carry on being here. Arma and Skyrim have to be my favourite games whilst being at complete different ends of the vague genre spectrum I would called Action.

I was born in Aberdeen, Scotland but lived practically all my life in West Yorkshire, England. My hobbies include listening to music usually streaming or listen on my vinyl player whenever the chance arises (most of my vinyl collection consists of Bowie), playing video game, card games and role playing games, and cooking food.

My current profession is being a chef, as cooking is one of my favourite things I took the opportunity a year ago to become a chef and whilst writing this I am the 2nd chef at a Luxe awarded vintage tearoom and restaurant and wish to carry on progressing and getting better in my career, like any sane person would, lol.

Can't think of much more to say and would like to applaud anyone who actually bothered to take their time reading my reply to this post.
        Welcome to TG, Drew!

Comment

• Welcome aboard everyone!

Comment

• So I finally decided to make a different account since I couldn't post from the first one.

I'm Kubel, I've been playing with TG for a couple of weeks now and there's really nothing like it for coordination and teamwork. Even when we're losing that last point before main no one rage quits, and we still try to bring it together for a last stand. It's really awesome. I'm a pretty good medic, which is useful since I can't shoot.

I grew up playing PC games, I've never owned a console but have something like 270 days played in Steam over the years. I really got into Battlefield 2 in high school but since I've gotten older I don't have the reaction time for twitch shooting, and I've gotten tired of 12 year olds yelling at me. Squad fits the bill perfectly.

And for the record, Neb really shouldn't be driving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kubel v2 View Post
              So I finally decided to make a different account since I couldn't post from the first one.

I'm Kubel, I've been playing with TG for a couple of weeks now and there's really nothing like it for coordination and teamwork. Even when we're losing that last point before main no one rage quits, and we still try to bring it together for a last stand. It's really awesome. I'm a pretty good medic, which is useful since I can't shoot.

I grew up playing PC games, I've never owned a console but have something like 270 days played in Steam over the years. I really got into Battlefield 2 in high school but since I've gotten older I don't have the reaction time for twitch shooting, and I've gotten tired of 12 year olds yelling at me. Squad fits the bill perfectly.

And for the record, Neb really shouldn't be driving.
              Welcome to TG Kubel - so glad to have you with us!

Comment

• Welcome back Kubel v2

Comment

• Welcome Kubel v2! Glad to see you on the forums! You're not the only one who thinks that about Neb.

Comment

• hi! i've successfully resurrected my old account (thanks chrome password manager). i played like 1500 hours of BF2PR back in the day and then it dropped off my radar until i saw squad on sale on the humble store a few months ago. it was really cool to see a community of this size that's still going strong (with some of the same people, even!).

also for the record kubel has pretty decent aim as well as an excellent sense of when to go for rezzes.

p.s. please don't read my old posts, i was a foolish teenager
                    "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

• Originally posted by sporkife View Post
                      hi! i've successfully resurrected my old account (thanks chrome password manager). i played like 1500 hours of BF2PR back in the day and then it dropped off my radar until i saw squad on sale on the humble store a few months ago. it was really cool to see a community of this size that's still going strong (with some of the same people, even!).

also for the record kubel has pretty decent aim as well as an excellent sense of when to go for rezzes.

p.s. please don't read my old posts, i was a foolish teenager
                      Spork! Welcome back to TG my man!

Comment

• Welcome new and really old faces!

Comment

• Originally posted by kubel v2 View Post
                          so i finally decided to make a different account since i couldn't post from the first one.

I'm kubel, i've been playing with tg for a couple of weeks now and there's really nothing like it for coordination and teamwork. Even when we're losing that last point before main no one rage quits, and we still try to bring it together for a last stand. It's really awesome. I'm a pretty good medic, which is useful since i can't shoot.

I grew up playing pc games, i've never owned a console but have something like 270 days played in steam over the years. I really got into battlefield 2 in high school but since i've gotten older i don't have the reaction time for twitch shooting, and i've gotten tired of 12 year olds yelling at me. Squad fits the bill perfectly.

And for the record, neb really shouldn't be driving.
                          hah!

Comment

• Hello everyone

I'm not sure I can rightly post here because I currently don't own a copy of Squad nor a PC that can run it, but I plan to purchase both when I'm able. I started playing with TG 10 years ago in PR:BF2 on a regular basis, but I was never a full member. Life became busy and my old PC is dead and gone, so I can't remember my old name in game or on the forum. However, it's probably for the best because when I first started playing, much like sporkife,

Originally posted by sporkife View Post

i was a foolish teenager.
                            I was recently reminded of all the good times I had playing with the TG community because a friend is a member here and we had a few previously undiscovered shared connections to the TG community. I'm out of the country for work, but I look forward to meeting and playing with everyone when I get back in the summer!

Comment

• Originally posted by WhaleItUp View Post
                              Hello everyone

I'm not sure I can rightly post here because I currently don't own a copy of Squad nor a PC that can run it, but I plan to purchase both when I'm able. I started playing with TG 10 years ago in PR:BF2 on a regular basis, but I was never a full member. Life became busy and my old PC is dead and gone, so I can't remember my old name in game or on the forum. However, it's probably for the best because when I first started playing, much like sporkife,

I was recently reminded of all the good times I had playing with the TG community because a friend is a member here and we had a few previously undiscovered shared connections to the TG community. I'm out of the country for work, but I look forward to meeting and playing with everyone when I get back in the summer!
                              Welcome back to TG, Whale.

Not much has changed around here except for a lot of people's age.

Hope things are well at work and we'll see you with us on the server in a few months.

Comment

• Welcome, welcome!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse