General Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Questions

Howdy all, I had a few questions about Squad that I thought I'd throw out there for now :D

1. How will the Medic class heal wounded and revive dead players and will there be a limit on heals and revives?
    2. What sort of equipment will the Breacher be given to remove obstacles and what kind of obstacles would there be?
    3. Will vehicles be available on all maps or just a select few?
    4. Will there be recon assets such as aerial drones for forward observers?

Thanks!

Re: General Questions

Hey Assualt, haven't seen you since my PS2 days (DocFinley here). I can answer #1 off of the q&a 2 of the devs did.

I'm not certain what the current medical system is, but the idea that is being pushed for now is that all classes have a degree of healing. Just enough to keep someone from bleeding out really. Then medic comes along and gets the cas. to 80% or so hp. Enough to fight and trudge on, but if you want that last 20% or so, you need to hit up an aid station on the fob and what have you. That was the idea at least. So something similar if not that exactly is what to expect. That act of healing however is not known to me.
    Victory through speed, smoke, and suppression. Ground Pounders lead the way!

Comment

Hey Doc, good to see you again! That sounds like a great idea to heal people up and as long as its not a magical defib device I'm sold :D

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
        Howdy all, I had a few questions about Squad that I thought I'd throw out there for now :D

1. How will the Medic class heal wounded and revive dead players and will there be a limit on heals and revives?
        2. What sort of equipment will the Breacher be given to remove obstacles and what kind of obstacles would there be?
        3. Will vehicles be available on all maps or just a select few?
        4. Will there be recon assets such as aerial drones for forward observers?

Thanks!
        Hey

1. There will not be something so simple as BF2 for sure, PR's system involved reviving with an epi-pen and then healing the soldier from almost 0 health just after revive to full health again. Having said that, the devs want to get more in-depth and I'm sure Doc's post is definitely one of the ways they're considering doing that.

2. Don't know yet really, but there will be fortifications in Squad that the enemy could use to block certain compound entrances and such, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a way to destroy those fortifications and that ability would probably be assigned to the breacher kit. As far as the grappling hook that featured in PR, there's been a great deal of debate in the Suggestions forum as to whether or not that should be in-game, dunno on that front.

3. I imagine they might do it similar to PR in the sense that certain "layers" of maps will have different layout of vehicles, however, they're aiming to have maps with the same and possibly larger (but I believe only to a max of 8km^2) than PR's scale (in case you don't know PR featured a few 1km^2 maps but mostly 2km^2 and 4km^2 maps) and with that scale it would be pretty unreasonable to have maps without vehicles. Rest assured they'll be around and will likely play an important role on the battlefield.

4. I don't know, having said that, PR featured a UAV system available to team commanders so I wouldn't be surprised if a similar system returned at some level.

Comment

Hey Assault, just posted your medical question on the basics thread at the top of the forums. More is to come I'm sure
          Victory through speed, smoke, and suppression. Ground Pounders lead the way!

Comment

There is a similar thread on Squad forums, though I cannot post the hyperlink (?).

Quote from SgtRoss, a developer there: "We will have buddy dragging and the ability to transport people to upgraded bases with medical stations. It won't be a requirement, but it will help your combat effectiveness, especially if there is some down time or a lull in combat, might as well stop by a FOB and get back to 100%."

He says they will also try to implement something like this to indicate if someone is revivable: a revivable "injured" player is laying on the ground squirming or moving a little; a non revivable "dead" player is a motionless corpse on the ground.

Comment

The answers to your medic questions were just posted on the Kickstarter updates. The bootcamp series are also listed in another thread on these forums. Here is the kickstarter link.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1265547

Comment

Also reposted in our forum: Squad Bootcamp Series

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Now this medic system is something I could get excited about. I love playing the support and logistic roles... so we'll see if I absolutely stink at it or not. ;)

Thank you for the links guys.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X