I am sorry if I offend anyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sorry if I offend anyone

As the title says, I'm sorry if I offend anyone. I recently saw a post that has sparked controversy within the game which is the idea of female character models. I never thought I'd see so many idiots in one place. I see no problem with allowing and creating female character models, if anyone does have an issue with my view by all means PM me on the issue and we will discuss it like grown individuals.

On that note, my name will be bound to TG upon release so long as TG allows me within their ranks. If this topic becomes to much of an issue then I will leave if this topic starts to drag drama to TG. If all is well and everyone agrees with me then all is well,

Thank you, Twogun (hhehehee my initials are TG, just noticed)
    Victory through speed, smoke, and suppression. Ground Pounders lead the way!

Re: I am sorry if I offend anyone

Anyone that has a problem with female avatars in military FPSs has a problem with reality.

Sometimes insulting the ignorant is unavoidable (and essential).
    sigpic

Comment

Glad you understand that boss. I don't know if you've had a chance to glance at the forums for Squad, but there are many a forum warrior there.
      Victory through speed, smoke, and suppression. Ground Pounders lead the way!

Comment

Twogun, don't worry too much. Inadvertently offending people can and does happen. Though I have not read the specific thread, I suspect some people just don't like the idea of bending over backwards to accommodate those who are being politically correct or those who might take it as some sort of personal affront.

Just try to read the atmosphere and try to get to know the guys.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

If the majority of people I played with had a problem with female models I think id game elsewhere

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
          The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

I think being a bit more inclusive in our virtual avatars can't hurt; I mean its a game people. Still there is a real life precedent for not having frontline/combat ready troops be female in a significant number of armies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
              I think being a bit more inclusive in our virtual avatars can't hurt; I mean its a game people. Still there is a real life precedent for not having frontline/combat ready troops be female in a significant number of armies.
              Indeed. And there is a real precedent for not having gays in the army. Precedent is a weak guide to rationality or morality.

(not intending to pick a fight here with Ytman -- just expanding on the issue here!)
              sigpic

Comment

I see no problem with female warriors in the game at all. If women feel lead to go to battle, so be it. So it is a real life possibility, just not as likely due to the way the world currently is.

E-Male, you always facilitate good conversation, thanks mate.
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I have no issue with the concept, it just wouldn't be 100% accurate. But then again, I don't care if it's only 90% accurate to life, as long as it's 100% authentic. I care more about gameplay and how it feels rather than if we have female models in game.

Skud

Comment

You can all blame me for that topic. :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed