Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What role on the battlefield do you prefer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What role on the battlefield do you prefer?

As we all know from the bootcamp series and other news, there will be different roles to be filled in each squad.
    Here are the options, as of now:

So what roles do you enjoy? What type of soldier would you like to be? How will you complement your squad mates on that day?

For myself, personally, I haven't played PR but once or twice, so I'm coming from more of a BF2/2142 perspective, but I always enjoyed support and communications-based roles. So here, I think I'd love to be the medic, engineer, reconnaissance, and hey, maybe a pilot or officer one day!

[Disclaimer: ideally, all of us would be proficient in all roles. I'm speaking more of preference though, so we can maybe get to know each other better before we find ourselves fighting alongside our brothers]

Re: What role on the battlefield do you prefer?

I'd main a medic I think, but I like making things go boom. So possibly anti-tank or grenadier
    Victory through speed, smoke, and suppression. Ground Pounders lead the way!

Comment

*cough* mortarman.

For real though, I always enjoyed playing either a basic rifleman or logistical support roles.

I generally don't touch specialized kits, on account of the first time I picked up a DMR I got a render-distance headshot... on a friendly soldier. (After about 30 shots)
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Transport heli pilot.

Hearing people screaming in the back as we whizzed down streets on muttrah or dragonfly always let me know I was doing my job.
        AnimalMother
        Ex TG-31st LR
        "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
        sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Engineer, shovel for the win!

| | | |

Comment

Boo, this game sux, no 1337 Spec Ops Jeepo kit.

Comment

I would love to do some piloting (transport heli) as well. Never done it in a game like this.
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Have the developers mentioned anything on what the Reconnaissance kit might entail?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDarkPenguin View Post
                  Have the developers mentioned anything on what the Reconnaissance kit might entail?
                  It is probably very safe to assume you'll be looking at a clone of the Spotter kit currently in PR, probably equipped with a laser designator in lieu of normal binoculars. His mobility (grappling hook) will depend on who's in charge of balance.

Comment

I only played PR a few times in my day, so this mostly comes from BF2142 and BF4 like Penguin, but I'd say either Medic or Rifleman. Moreso medic as I don't find myself to be the best frontlines player, but more try to stick with a group that is pushing a location and hold a position and be there for when people fall. That being said, pushing up is still fun.
                    |TG6|Flarionice
                    Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

How do these squad roles translate to the OpFor side? Will they have access to air assets and heavy ground vehicles?

Comment

Will naturally depend on the 'Opfor'.

Taliban would depend if they go to the beginning of the campaign where they had a few old T-55 and T-62s to hand.

But you can bet your dollar that once say the Russians or Chinese or Iran/Pakistan/Some other middle eastern power are implemented they'll be full on carnage, for dogfights, rotary and tank battles.

The thought of it having seen the few videos that are up is excitement enough!
                        AnimalMother
                        Ex TG-31st LR
                        "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                        sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

What role on the battlefield do you prefer?

As of now the kits are mirrors of each team. Meaning their are blue for and op for versions of each kit.

Ins Officer
                          AKM

U.S. Officer
                          M4

Ins AT
                          RPG7

U.S. AT
                          AT4
                          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

For this game I assume you have to choose the Officer in order to squad lead, so that will be me !

Comment

I also heard from this thread on the Squad forums that they may by toying with having fire-team leaders within the squad.

Neat-o bandito.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X