Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad and PR

Hey guys,

Like probably most of you, i got squad via kickstarter and im just waiting for this thing to happen. But i couldn't wait anymore so i said to myself, lets go back to my first love and see where PR is now.
    The last time i played PR it was probably in 2007-08 ? First i was happy with the fact that they went full stand-alone, secondly i was amaze by how much this mod/game as well aged. The game-play is still SPECTACULAR. I mean, i got a big high end rig and there i am playing a bf2 mod. Yes graphics are nice for new games, but goddamn game-play is so important. I haven't been exited about a game that much for a long long time, and this might just be the game i have been looking for.

Cant wait to see you all on the battlefield yelling orders and taking fire!

-Rat
    sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Re: Squad and PR

Agreed, I've been getting back into PR and I've been highly impressed with how it is doing. The full integration of Mumble seems to have improved public team-play by quite a bit, I've been pleasantly surprised by public play on the EU servers especially (Merk, PRTA & ODS) although you do occasionally run into eerily quiet squads or groups abandoned by their SL. I managed to get a slot in a full [RIP] squad the other night which was outstanding, great to see those guys still knocking about. So it seems that at least a few old names are coming out of the woodwork in anticipation of squad.

I've been sitting in the PR TS channel when I'm playing so if anyone see's me and fancies a round by all means give me a shout. If we can get a few people together over the next few weekends before squad drops that would be great!

Comment

I, too, have been playing the living hell out of this game. Like Rata, I used to play PR between 2007-2009, and I am amazed at the leaps and advances that the game has made; stuff they used to tell us was "hardcoded" is now commonplace. And the maps are seriously spectacular.

The gameplay is so damn awesome and addicting--especially when you get into that perfect squad--that I am almost ashamed to even jump into newer games like BF4.

I usually play on the PRTA-NA Los Angeles server, and I've seen a few people from TG there...I'll start popping into the TeamSpeak when I am playing; look for me. :row__680:
      "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I can count a few squads worth of people that still play PR regularly at TG.

Try using PRSpy to save see who's playing and do your best to be in the PR team speak channel. I know I'm always there when I'm online.
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Cool will try to hook up with you guys sometime on the PRTA LA server!

Comment

I'm really looking forward to TG having it's own Squad server and some fantastic game play.I bought into the Squad Leader package and am looking forward to giving it a go.

I hadn't played PR for about a decade (back in 2006 or so) and did DL the stand alone version. So far my online experiences have been for the most part , dismal. Lack of team work , leadership , team kills etc. etc. but there has been the occasional glimmer of what PR should be and hopefully Squad will be.

Sundays are a bad day for me right now as far as gaming is concerned so I haven't made it onto the TG PR server yet. I guess I'll keep playing PR , fingers crossed , hope for the best and follow Squad's development.
            [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Always hop in TeamSpeak when you play PR. There's bound to be someone to join you.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Probably Cougar. ;)
                YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/DesmoLocke
                Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/desmolocke/profile

Comment

I can be seen in TS when ever my Game PC is on. It's also very easy to convince me to play PR.
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Was on vacation for 3 weeks and damn, cant believe I missed PR again after just playing a couple of rounds.

If the gameplay is like it should be, give me 2005 graphics all day.

Comment

PR will likely get hit this weekend - be on TS

Comment

Screw it. I'm starting to AFK seed now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement