Your Impressions of Squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Impressions of Squad

They really have! People get upset about SL's building large bases, but honestly it really does help with pushing flags. I split my squad up, and had a fireteam leader take all but 2 guys and push the objectives the FOB was near. The other two (medic and rifleman) stayed with me to build up. This provided my squad with a safe spawn close to the objectives. Our spawn point wasn't in the open to be destroyed, it was walled in, and had a resupply point. I also put a rally point down for the squad inside the town we were over. So they had multiple options. It was great! The SL doesn't need to be on the front line, he can build up a base and direct traffic from there. This keeps the squad as a whole moving, and provides them a solid fallback/respawn point. Not to mention we had overlapping fields of fire on two objectives. We were able to lock them down at our leisure.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

We have another game mode that will be added later in the year that I think you guys will really like. Something totally different than PR or ARMA.

Comment

...is it a mode where you compete to build the most stylish FOB?
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
          ...is it a mode where you compete to build the most stylish FOB?
          As long as we can paint the HESCOs pretty colors I'm in!

Comment

On a serious note, first impressions from a couple of rounds tonight?

Feels like it should. Like PR without the clunkiness of the Refractor engine.

Map feels real and dynamic.

Minor gripes:

- Needs more TG members on.

- Needs less shooting of Strait_Raider

- Map markers of friendlies do not always seem to be accurate. Or perhaps more likely, own position indication is off.

- Friendlies seem to get ID'd too quick at long range.

- Not much feedback when you've been shot. Often I don't realize until my screen starts to go dark, at which point it's too late to prevent major blood loss.

- Blood loss seems a little weird. And pretty annoying. Partly for the above reason, partly because the effect leaves you 100% combat effective except for vision. I feel like a reduction in movement speed, increase in weapon sway and recoil, and perhaps a much more moderate version of the current visual effect would feel more realistic, and still greatly reduce your combat effectiveness without being so annoying from a gameplay standpoint. Limping to a medic beats running in circles around the medic because you can't see him, IMO.

- Long-distance spotting seems... weird. Maybe it's just me, or maybe I'm just sitting too close to my screen, but visuals at distant, but still readily engageable ranges seem a bit blocky and jumpy. I feel like I need binoculars, but I shouldn't.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Agree with the wounded part. Sometimes it's hard to tell. Am I suppressed or am I hit? Oh I'm hit but now my screen is almost black because I waited too long

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I think I'm ready to go with download and install complete. Except I'm stuck at the server browser it seems. Five servers show on the list, some in Europe some in Seattle, one is populated, in France. I click join and it looks like it's trying to connect but never does. For either server.

Help?

Progress? I spawned in, had a brief flash of the landscape and was instantly dead. I can hear battle noise but the screen is black with the DEAD sign. Waiting patiently to revive. we'll see. Is this normal?

Guess so. I'm in with the French. Not the best scenario for the first time in. looking forward to getting some in game help with you fellows. join in now?

first round done. what is the key to text and what channel?

visuals need work despite epic settings. Is this a tweak or nvida control panel fix?

Got to go for the kids soccer game back later. Hope to see some TGers on.
                Last edited by Grunt 70; 09-19-2015, 09:37 AM.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Grunt you spawn into the server dead. You need to hit "Enter" and pick a role and a squad and a spawn point then click spawn. Wait for the timer, then you are off to the races! ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

So if I am reading this right on the Squad forums.....If I purchase the Squad leader tier, I can play next weekend......Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by phenom880 View Post
                      So if I am reading this right on the Squad forums.....If I purchase the Squad leader tier, I can play next weekend......Is this correct?

That's right. I bought it over a month ago and I'm sitting , waiting too.
                      [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Well next Saturday count me in..Would like to join up with a few that have played to learn the ropes...maybe we could set up a time?

Comment

Joined a US server with 1 other guy last night... so we built a massive FOB by fortifying a small compound. We had 3 floors of hesco bunkers. As more players drifted in we even got to have some 5 on 5 firefights around it. Good times!

Comment

I finally installed the game Friday night; I've had a key for two weeks but I've been duped and bamboozled so many times in the last few years I just wanted to run the game with few expectations...

I was very presently surprised! I experienced few bugs, and none of them seemed really game breaking. I played medic 100% of the night and it's pretty straightforward; you have to bandage the injured player before you can start to heal him with the med bag. However! My tip to new players is that everyone has a bandage so if you're injured, try to stop your own bleeding before the medic arrives. Otherwise the medic will run out of bandages in a hurry. You can resupply at an ammo crate but those aren't always nearby...

Saw quite a few devs online playing and one server I was on tried an unnamed game mode where one team has to fight their way out of their own base. The mode was pretty buggy but it did provide the highlight of the evening. Both of sides were lined up toe-to-toe and as medic I was probably 30 meters behind the front line. A frag rolled in and I saw about 10 friendlies get launched into the air; it was very colorful with the yellow (injured but still fighting) and red (unconscious) health bars flying through the sky!

I heard several people say it was the most fun they've had playing a game in years and I have to agree. I felt like I was terrible shooting enemies but as medic thankfully that was a low priority.

Quick question for those that have played: does anyone know how the tickets work? It seemed that the number of bases held has absolutely no impact on the outcome; whichever side killed more on the other team won. Could that possibly be right?

Comment

Originally posted by AFsoccer View Post
                              We have another game mode that will be added later in the year that I think you guys will really like. Something totally different than PR or ARMA.
                              Were you hinting at Territory Control? I played close to 20 hours this past weekend and I still haven't had a chance to play it haha! I'm looking forward to it. Right now people seem to be loving Insurgency as a break from AAS. I must say it is intense in Squad! I put some footage together from a recent round including a one-man cache last stand @ 6:45 :)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/DesmoLocke
                              Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/desmolocke/profile

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X