Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it runs ArmA3 its OK for Squad--right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it runs ArmA3 its OK for Squad--right?

My current system plays ArmA3 and X-Plane 10 on med-high settings quit satisfactorily but NASA doesn't think it's up to snuff to plot their Mars landing even though it blows the socks off the thing they used for their moon landing. :icon_bigg

(this was a box store special when my beloved gaming system melted and I needed something for work in a hurry. It was the only thing I could find with Windows 7,everything else was Windows 8 )

AMD Athalon X4 @ 4 MHz (I replaced the integrated CPU with the biggest CPU I could get on this MB AFAIK..Asus 88XM Plus)
    8G DDR3
    Radeon HD7770 2G.

( FYI the system meets and exceeds the basic specs for the Unreal engine.I looked it up. :icon_wink)

I was just going to wait until I get my Squad package this month and see how it looks but TBH - I'm just dying of curiosity. I don't really want to build another system if I can help it.

Thoughts?
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: If it runs ArmA3 its OK for Squad--right?

You'll be fine. It's very easy on computers.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Thanks--that's comforting to know.
      [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

I did some graphics testing today on an empty server.

specs
        cpu: i7 4770k @3.5Ghz
        16gb ddr3
        gpu: Crossfire 7970 3gb
        Game is on an SSD

Running the game at 1920X1080

What I found was that as usual, Shadows setting takes the largest hit to FPS. From Epic (highest setting) to Low was about a 35fps difference for Shadows. Post-Processing did about a 5fps difference. Effects did about a 10fps difference. Other settings such as textures and AA did no FPS difference at all. View Distance doesn't hurt my FPS too much, but i'm sure if shadows were on Epic, it would have. Few other things to mention, did have some screen tearing so V-Sync went on. Also, I kept resolution scaling at 100% always, otherwise the game looks muddy.

On all low settings, many PC's could play. My 5-minute diagnosis.
        and keep in mind, This is still Alpha :) much optimizing is always to come this early in the stage.

EDIT: Did some further testing. Originally I was getting 40ish fps on epic, should have been getting 60, solid.
        Ended up making a CF profile and enabled AFR friendly mode. Getting a solid 60 on epic, but with slight shadow flicker which I can live with for now. (must have fullscreen enabled and if V-Sync is turned on, the shadow flicker is much less noticeable)
        Last edited by di1lweed1212; 09-13-2015, 01:59 PM.
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

[MENTION=34399]di1lweed1212[/MENTION]

Did you by chance try benchmarking since then?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I have been playing recently so I can tell you my frame-rates.

Same AFR Friendly mode, most things on epic except MSAA and Anti-aliasing are down. Post-processing set to high. View distance set to high.
            On Fools Road, I was getting about 45fps in the forest but a solid 60 in most other places. Maps without a forest are more kind on the FPS.

After today's patch, my FPS dropped considerably on Fool's Road. I believe this was a combination of some sever server side ping spikes adn some changes to the graphics that negatively affected my Crossfire forcing. Imma do some more testing after the server ping spikes are fixed, and then see if I need to change more settings.
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Well I took the plunge and built me an entire new system anyway (mainly for X-Plane 10 and ArmA3 but Squad is in there too)..

i7 4790 CPU
              GTX 970 GPU
              all on an MSI Z97-G45 Gaming MB with 16G memory

So everything is running fine now.
              [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

Nice!
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...