Squad Forums clan list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Forums clan list

Hey everyone. Squad's forums just started a pinned thread called "List of Active Clans and Communities" linked here. Every active clan will be listed there, and I think it would be beneficial for us to be on the front end of this response. I would do it myself but I'm afraid I might say something wrong... so if one of the Squad leaders (heh, get it?) can post our info in that thread, we should be good to go.

Thank you. Once the task has been completed, feel free to delete this thread. I just wanted to let you know as soon as I could, as he started the thread only 20 minutes ago and already has responses.

Re: Squad Forums clan list

I'm actually surprised. Are there even enough Squad TG'ers interested to get in on the inaugural Squad League Clan Tournament? You guys need to fill 18 slots to go head-to-head with some of the already established clans in Squad. The tentative date is 5 December.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/67...round-1/page-1
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/DesmoLocke
    Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/desmolocke/profile

Comment

I doubt it.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Yeah, I know a bunch of TG'ers have keys but they're waiting out the alpha period. As long as you guys still have a server when it hits full release, that's all that matters. :)

Comment

Mostly waiting for our server and maybe getting through "Fallout 4" 2 or 3 times LOL
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by DesmoLocke View Post
            I'm actually surprised. Are there even enough Squad TG'ers interested to get in on the inaugural Squad League Clan Tournament? You guys need to fill 18 slots to go head-to-head with some of the already established clans in Squad. The tentative date is 5 December.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/67...round-1/page-1

Yeah, I'm surprised as well. For having 6000+ views on some of these threads on here, I expected to have more than a handful of |TG| players. I've been purposely keeping a presence on the Squad forums to keep the TG name present, but I'm uneasy about the future. I'm sure we'll have some more come around closer to when the time comes...

Comment

I think there is a following, but a lot of people didn't buy any of the early access stuff and may have not kept up with it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                I think there is a following, but a lot of people didn't buy any of the early access stuff and may have not kept up with it.
                I thought more than a handful of TG'ers went in on the clan packages?

Comment

well I did, but I haven't been able to bring myself to download the 2nd alpha because the first was so blurry I couldn't see anything. Yet somehow was constantly getting shot at from range. Has that improved?

Comment

Just a friendly reminder that we still need to post on that thread.

In addition, another website (see Squad Forums thread here) has already gone up detailing clan matches. There are several groups on there already, and if we wish to maintain the same presence that we did on PR, we need to be on this early so we can have a solid foothold when this hits Early Access.

Here is the Squad League site as well.

Comment

Mostly waiting for a TG server and new computer build to be finished. Present POS barely runs Squad and X-Plane 10 and ArmA3 at about 15-20 FPS (by FRAPS). Think i7-4790 CPU and GTX 970 on Z97-G45 MB should do it. Promised about the end of the month or sooner when all the parts arrive.
                      [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Yeah, I'm hoping either the game gets optimized more or I get a bunch of money to upgrade (the latter is not likely). I'm running an AMD 8 core right now (which I thought was what Unreal Engine liked, but apparently they really don't do as well with AMD) and a GTX 660. If I can sell at least one of the parts, I might be able to upgrade one of them to better handle Squad.

Comment

Hmmm...I'm wondering if I should get in on this now. I am very wary of Alphas an fps since the days of 2142. I content myself with ARMA now for a fix. Is this shaping up to be decent yet? Convince me TG. I have room in my life to squad lead another title...

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Originally posted by experiment626 View Post
                            I am very wary of Alphas an fps since the days of 2142.
                            As far as Alphas go, this is a pretty good one. However, there are some issues and to me they are big enough to stop playing until improvements are made.

1) Everything is horribly blurry beyond about 50 meters unless you actually go into some of the .ini files and tweak them, and possibly use SweetFX. The people who do this have a huge advantage over the other 90% of players who see everything as if they're wearing goggles full of water while playing.

2) A lot of the game modes are WIP. Advance-and-Secure (AAS) is pretty well nailed down and Insurgency is decent too, but it's gotten a bit rough of late as players figure it out. Basically, the US tries to find and destroy 5 ammo caches within 2 hours (I believe) and they have limited tickets. Insurgents have unlimited tickets and build defenses around the ammo caches so if they can hold off the US even briefly they can put up 6-9 layers of sandbag walls around a cache and spoiler alert, the US forces aren't going to dig through that in two hours. I often see the two caches spawn next to each other so the Insurgents can build one enormous "SuperFOB" around the compound and once built it's almost impossible to crack without vehicles (which aren't in game yet). Some of the game modes are very clearly just "trying things out" and aren't very fun at all, but it usually involves some combination of the US having limited tickets and the Insurgents having unlimited tickets and trying to defend some random piece of ground. The devs are pretty much just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks and what doesn't with some of these game modes. Some of them stick; some of them stink.

3) No dedicated community servers (i.e., TG) yet. I think there was an assumption that everyone playing the $$ to get early access would be fans and supporters of the game but this is the internet, kids. The last few times I played there were trolls trolls trolls and about 10 days ago I tried to squad lead and a guy created a squad (he had nobody else in his squad) just to get in the SL VoIP channel and start screaming and shouting, and I couldn't hear anyone in my own squad talking. There's no mute button in game so I logged off and haven't played since.

I know the game is cheaper now before it goes on Steam, but don't expect an amazing experience if you jump in right now. I'm still optimistic about the future of this title, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post
                              As far as Alphas go, this is a pretty good one. However, there are some issues and to me they are big enough to stop playing until improvements are made.

1) Everything is horribly blurry beyond about 50 meters unless you actually go into some of the .ini files and tweak them, and possibly use SweetFX. The people who do this have a huge advantage over the other 90% of players who see everything as if they're wearing goggles full of water while playing.

2) A lot of the game modes are WIP. Advance-and-Secure (AAS) is pretty well nailed down and Insurgency is decent too, but it's gotten a bit rough of late as players figure it out. Basically, the US tries to find and destroy 5 ammo caches within 2 hours (I believe) and they have limited tickets. Insurgents have unlimited tickets and build defenses around the ammo caches so if they can hold off the US even briefly they can put up 6-9 layers of sandbag walls around a cache and spoiler alert, the US forces aren't going to dig through that in two hours. I often see the two caches spawn next to each other so the Insurgents can build one enormous "SuperFOB" around the compound and once built it's almost impossible to crack without vehicles (which aren't in game yet). Some of the game modes are very clearly just "trying things out" and aren't very fun at all, but it usually involves some combination of the US having limited tickets and the Insurgents having unlimited tickets and trying to defend some random piece of ground. The devs are pretty much just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks and what doesn't with some of these game modes. Some of them stick; some of them stink.

3) No dedicated community servers (i.e., TG) yet. I think there was an assumption that everyone playing the $$ to get early access would be fans and supporters of the game but this is the internet, kids. The last few times I played there were trolls trolls trolls and about 10 days ago I tried to squad lead and a guy created a squad (he had nobody else in his squad) just to get in the SL VoIP channel and start screaming and shouting, and I couldn't hear anyone in my own squad talking. There's no mute button in game so I logged off and haven't played since.

I know the game is cheaper now before it goes on Steam, but don't expect an amazing experience if you jump in right now. I'm still optimistic about the future of this title, though.
                              Hey Guys.

Irontaxi here and I am really interested in the blurriness issue.

I think it has to do with a combination of the post processing, play resolution and the piss poor AntiAliasing in the engine.

I want to post up a screenshot here for some comparisons and maybe you guys can help me figure out a bit more about the blurriness issue.

RIght now I would say about 10-15% of people seem to experience something similar but I am having a very hard time nailing down exactly what "blury" means as its very very subjective.

--CANT LINK PLEASE ASK ME FOR IT--

This is what I see on my laptop and my Desktop running 970M and 970s respectively.

If i could get some comparisons of screens that are blurry I might actually be able to affect some pretty straight forward changes to remedy it.

Let me finish by saying I consider TG one of the premier communities I personally want to work with and you guys were a large part of my experience as a PR player for many many years.

I have nothing but the best intent and wishes for you guys and I am here open to questions and feedback.

Cheers!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X