Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 week countdown

Nearly there folks.

Last night saw the end of the Squad pre-purchase promotion. December 15th the game goes live on Steam (Still in Alpha of course) but this thing is evolving fast. Every time I play I get amazed by what has changed - I remember playing when it was no voip, one map and dodgy sound. Now, its added all that and so many more things. Already its got more going on that many AAA titles.

Vehicle and helicopter teasers abound, classic maps are being created by some original PR and TG map developers like [MENTION=19681]AFsoccer[/MENTION] and the Squad dev team constantly reaffirm their commitment to TG for us to be a place to play the game right, in their vision.

Time for TG to step up - start spreading the word far and wide....Squad is coming....Lets bring back the TG heyday as THE place for a tactical shooter played the right way!

Re: 2 week countdown

Uhhhh, I believe we stepped up months ago with the promotion we offered in conjunction with the Squad team for the pre-purchase.

It would be nice if the "community" stepped up to support the PR server that we've had open for months that has about an inch of dust gathered on it from lack of usage.

Lastly, when the hell is the community server release going to happen? I've no clue, and guess who needs to get it up and running here.....yeah, me.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I've enjoyed the rounds I've played in Squad but as it stands now if they don't fix the graphic issues (fuzzy rendering of anything more than 100 meters out) I'll be on the side. A shame really. I was so hopeful and Yes I know it's still in Alpha but what I hear is the obscured vision is less a bug and more a limitation of the UR engine. Have I been spoiled playing ARMA, with those tremendous draw distances?
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
        I've enjoyed the rounds I've played in Squad but as it stands now if they don't fix the graphic issues (fuzzy rendering of anything more than 100 meters out) I'll be on the side.
        Grunt,

They've determined the issue has to do with "supersampling" in the Unreal engine.

Iron Taxi said he's working on adding the ability to change the settings in the graphics menu. Right now you can only tweak things in the console.

Looking much better and I expect it will only improve as the game is optimized...

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post
          Grunt,

They've determined the issue has to do with "supersampling" in the Unreal engine.

Iron Taxi said he's working on adding the ability to change the settings in the graphics menu. Right now you can only tweak things in the console.

Looking much better and I expect it will only improve as the game is optimized...
          100% this! ^^ :D

Comment

I don't get a tonne of time to game anymore. But squad is where I've been sinking my time. Great community so far. Maps are nice, base building is nice. Graphics are great. It is clearly still in alpha. But I'd say that it's gameplay is still superior to most games out there.

It runs well on my 3 year old iMac. And it'll run great on my new iMAC when it arrives next week. It will easily be "the" TG title

Comment

Originally posted by davemccr View Post
              I don't get a tonne of time to game anymore. But squad is where I've been sinking my time. Great community so far. Maps are nice, base building is nice. Graphics are great. It is clearly still in alpha. But I'd say that it's gameplay is still superior to most games out there.

It runs well on my 3 year old iMac. And it'll run great on my new iMAC when it arrives next week. It will easily be "the" TG title
              It could be. It hopefully will be. ;)

Comment

I just wanted to pop on and give kudos to the developers. I downloaded through Steam last night and played a couple of rounds. Great job on fixing the graphic issues and adding more functionality through the settings menu. The game looked great and I can't wait to get back for some more action. Good Job Squad Devs !
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Thanks Grunt 70. Glad to hear you're liking it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X