Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback

Hey guys - we just finished our first day of playing Squad on the TG server. Let's hear your stories and get some feedback! Anyone get any good videos? Post them up!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Feedback

Nice to finally be able to play squad!

Comment

Originally posted by Ristin View Post
      Nice to finally be able to play squad!
      Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by disposableHero View Post
        Hey guys - we just finished our first day of playing Squad on the TG server. Let's hear your stories and get some feedback! Anyone get any good videos? Post them up!
        I played some round today with some disposable guy. Idk, he was Squad lead, we won I think. Shot many people. Sometimes he talked on a mic. Good round I guess.

Heh.

Comment

Good stuff. Keep it up man. I honestly don't know enough about the game yet to make suggestions, still learning how to shoot. But I will say this:

It is crucial we all put our best forward in this opening weeks. Everyone playing squad is looking for a home. Let's be so great that we need another server to keep up with demand.

Be friendly, be helpful, laugh, shoot the breeze, and be deadly. Basically, do what you always do. They'll come back, and we can have our own place to do all those things together again, just like the old PR days.

Edit: Do you think it would be a good idea to make access to TS easier? Right now guys have to navigate the forums and register, all that.
          Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paine View Post
            *snip*

Edit: Do you think it would be a good idea to make access to TS easier? Right now guys have to navigate the forums and register, all that.
            I personally am not sure about teamspeak access. I feel like promoting TS and making it seem like being on TS is the "best" or "true" way to communicate on the TG server really may create a wall of separation. The more we use the Mumble services and local voice chat in-game, the better, in my opinion. In my rounds tonight I ran up to people who were aloof outside of my squad to heal them and used the local chat; had a great time talking with these people.

Pre-round, post-round, planning, organizing, all of that - I think the TG Teamspeak is extremely helpful, almost essential in these things. It's how I knew when the guys tonight were playing, what they wanted to do pre-round, and their thoughts separate from the game. However, when the round started, I don't believe I ever heard our TS be used. We all just squadded up and spoke that way.

This is just my thoughts. Excited to play with you bud! :D

EDIT: This post may be a bit disjointed, but does what I'm saying make sense? Prettymuch I mean to say that I wish to remove as many barriers to open communication as possible, so that those who are new and those who are veterans can feel as welcome on our server as we can make it for them. I'm not at all opposed to TS, and I used it tonight in between rounds. I just don't see the benefits of using it in-game outweighing the potential negative impressions.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguins227 View Post
              Pre-round, post-round, planning, organizing, all of that - I think the TG Teamspeak is extremely helpful, almost essential in these things. It's how I knew when the guys tonight were playing, what they wanted to do pre-round, and their thoughts separate from the game. However, when the round started, I don't believe I ever heard our TS be used. We all just squadded up and spoke that way.
              Whenever a game has had proper comms, such as Squad, TS has only been used for in-between round banter and planning. Majortively, we should be talking in game. During a round its basically silent in TS unless someone is reporting to an admin or some other server related problem.
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                Whenever a game has had proper comms, such as Squad, TS has only been used for in-between round banter and planning. Majortively, we should be talking in game. During a round its basically silent in TS unless someone is reporting to an admin or some other server related problem.
                Agreed - however TS is very useful for building a community, which is what we are trying to do here.

Always aim to get on TS!

Comment

I lost connection last night, don't know if the server or i crashed. But later it was empty, is the server code a bit buggy?

Anyway got half a round in and the fire fights were good on Fools road. Although missed transport vehicles at a minimum. But will be playing more for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                    I lost connection last night, don't know if the server or i crashed. But later it was empty, is the server code a bit buggy?

Anyway got half a round in and the fire fights were good on Fools road. Although missed transport vehicles at a minimum. But will be playing more for sure!
                    Server code is a bit buggy. It's an Alpha product so this is to be expected. Speaking with the dev team yesterday, they think they have a handle on the crashes so we should expect an update within the next week to address it. However, since it is still Alpha, odds are pretty good we should be experiencing our fair share of both server and client crashes for a while as the game progresses.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Seeding plan?
                      Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paine View Post
                        Seeding plan?
                        The plan right now is simply jump on and start creating "Learn TG" squads. You can rename a squad by clicking on its name (Alpha). Usually fills up pretty fast once a few people jump on.

Try and work with other SL's using in game comms. Default is G. And learn to set map markers. Hit enter then right click on the map.

Comment

Will try get on and seed in euro hours. Maybe we can get the server going on a regular basis, that would be so great!

Comment

Got in game for a very short time on our server. Got to sneak up behind two TGers and went looking for my shovel but it doesn't really work as well as you'd think :D

Shot a friendly and one enemy so far. Hopefully that ratio will improve. It played great and I can tell with a quick look I'm gonna have hours and hours of fun in-game with this. Also hours and hours early am at work paying for it lol.

Can tell that this game is going to be really huge here and so well deserved!
                            |TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer
                            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                            189th Infantry Brigade Member
                            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                              Got in game for a very short time on our server. Got to sneak up behind two TGers and went looking for my shovel but it doesn't really work as well as you'd think :D

Shot a friendly and one enemy so far. Hopefully that ratio will improve. It played great and I can tell with a quick look I'm gonna have hours and hours of fun in-game with this. Also hours and hours early am at work paying for it lol.

Can tell that this game is going to be really huge here and so well deserved!

haha nice work! Yeah, I'm really curious how the dynamic of the game will change when heavy vehicles and helicopters are added. I know its a ways in the future, but it seems that the community is getting pretty settled right now. I hope they don't become overly satisfied with the incredible, yet incomplete state of the game at its current stage. Better things are a'comin.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X