Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone else not been able to re-arm at a depot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else not been able to re-arm at a depot?

I was geared up to play and was playing aorund in the local server to try things out and found out I couldn't re-arm nor switch classes in game , and only had rifleman option at start.

Has anyone else run into this?

Txs
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Has anyone else not been able to re-arm at a depot?

Yep just tested it and i cannot use the Ammo crates or pick any other role you used to be able to so they must of just changed it or something. Even if you create a squad it still doesn't work.

Comment

I believe what you are experiencing is the limitation on squad roles. The smaller the squads, the less roles are available. Even in a live match, the roles you may want to take could be filled. Therefore, the game will not let you change to that role.
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Odd becuase if I hop on an empty server , the ammo crates and role selections work once in game , but initially you still only get the Rifleman.

This means you have to enter the game as a Rifleman , spawn and then select a class (ie Medic) that's available then try and spawn on your squads RP.
        [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
          Odd becuase if I hop on an empty server , the ammo crates and role selections work once in game , but initially you still only get the Rifleman.

This means you have to enter the game as a Rifleman , spawn and then select a class (ie Medic) that's available then try and spawn on your squads RP.
          I have been able to choose a role immediately after I join a squad and have not spawed in yet. Quite interesting.
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Someone pointed out to me on the Squad forum that the number of classes available when you join a game is dependent on the number of players in the squad you join. This I guess is to prevent loners from starting a squad and grabbing a specific kit.

I was confused becuase these restrictions weren't in the original builds but I guess all is well.
            [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
              Someone pointed out to me on the Squad forum that the number of classes available when you join a game is dependent on the number of players in the squad you join. This I guess is to prevent loners from starting a squad and grabbing a specific kit.

I was confused becuase these restrictions weren't in the original builds but I guess all is well.
              You are right. This was a change in Squad version 3.1 or 3.2 I believe. The feature they called "kit limitations," and yes it is to prevent lone wolfing. It adds a new dynamic because as squads grow more opportunities for diversity opens up, and it keeps squads of 3 from having 2 medics and a squad leader.

Comment

I believe that if you join a squad, and take a special kit and then lose your spot in the squad via a kick or leaving. You can't resupply the kit you "took" which also discourages lone wolfing and kit grabbing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X