Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware & Performance [AMD System]

Hello all!

DigitalAssassin sticking his head back in because Squad looks like it could be quite the game for TG. My primary concern is whether my hardware is up to snuff given the references I see to AMD performance issues. Since it appears there was a patch in the last few days I thought I'd see if anyone playing has anything similar or has any feedback on what type of performance I might see. Just want to make sure it's playable before I drop the money on the 15th...

AMD FX6300 3.5Ghz
    8GB RAM
    R9 270 2GB Video

Thanks!

Re: Hardware & Performance [AMD System]

DA, you'll be fine. The only thing really holding you back is the GPU, but you can overclock both the CPU and GPU without too much issue. DA, what issues were you referencing?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Hey there,

Make sure you ask about the performance of AMD cpu's over at the Squad forums. I recently upgraded to an i5 with a new motherboard and it made a HUGE difference!! I don't think the AMD cpu issue has been sorted. And I think it has to be sorted by the Unreal engine people...not so much Squad devs....

good luck!

Chappie

Comment

There have been a number of threads on Squad's forums speaking of optimization issues with AMD processors as well as some heating problems with the graphics cards. I believe there are fixes for whatever problems your graphics card may have (I scrolled by something about using old drivers? You'd have to do a search to find the threads), but the AMD processors not working as well as their Intel counterparts is an Unreal Engine issue, and both developer teams are working to help performance be the best it can be.

You'll have to check it out and see, because it seems to be different between individuals. Some threads on the Squad forums may have more information; sorry I cannot give you all the info you need.

Comment

Also, if you update to Crimson, update to the Beta as the main version has fan control issues on certain brands of cards.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

im have the CPU issue to, im running at 85%+ most of the time. some of the smaller maps i go down to 75% but regardless its stopping me from being effective most of the time. i cant really play fools road at all and there is not any support rolls for me to fill yet, so when we go to a bigger map i basically have to sit it out. until this AMD CPU issues gets fixed im kind of benched :/

Comment

Thanks for the information guys. Rather then be frustrated with the current performance on my system I think I'll hold off on purchasing and wait and see if the AMD performance issues with the engine get better.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin View Post
                Thanks for the information guys. Rather then be frustrated with the current performance on my system I think I'll hold off on purchasing and wait and see if the AMD performance issues with the engine get better.
                I'm going to do the same. I bought a GTX 970 because I got a good deal, and I'll probably be selling my GTX 660. After/if that happens, I may invest in an Intel set up and sell mine. It'll be a while though.

Comment

I have always done Intel CPU's with AMD GPU's.
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X