The GG Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GG Thread

Hey friends, this was a very popular thread over in the PR forums here at TG. It is a place to tell everyone about great, fun games you participated in. And, let's be honest, brag. Post your stories! Video footage encouraged for the technically inclined.

Kohat 12/16/2015 2300Z

Second day after Steam Release. Talk at the beginning of the match from other SL's were toward coordinating attack, defense, and paths of advance. Already off to a good start. One squad member remarked after my "welcome, stay together, communicate, don't give up" up front: "Thank God, a squad leader that knows what he is doing. All the other servers I've been on no one is talking, squad leaders aren't putting down FOBs, nothing". Another squadie asked, "Hey guys, I'm new, how do I use medic"? The other medic in the squad then told him how things are done and brought him up to speed. This is going to be a good round.

Through some amazing medic work by nicksxbox07 and |TG|John Flenaly (Thanks BorisBR), we only had one squad wide-wipe. Learning from this mistake, we split up into fire-teams without calling them that, and provided each other with over-watch fire support on two separate hilltops. When an entire fireteam was overrun, nicksxbox amazingly went from his position to the other and revived the entire team. There was a appearance by my old PR TG Alum friend Boris on the SAW, great aggressive action by Winter is Cumming, and some accurate rearguard cover fire by SAM_K. Everyone did a great job of calling out enemy positions and supporting each other. The K/D says it all!

Check out Portable.Cougar's old PR thread for some ideas and nostalgia:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...-The-GG-thread
    Last edited by Paine; 12-16-2015, 09:39 PM.
    Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Re: The GG Thread

Awesome! The other medic was John Flenaly.
    [GDS]Borisbr

Comment

Squad Leader: Trennn
      My Kit: Medic, Medic, ACOG Rifleman (3 rounds)

Story
      Played around in a round (heh) earlier today and found a squad called "Veterans Only." I was a bit curious of this exclusive sounding squad, so I joined up, and the squad leader, Trennn, was a terrific squad leader (apart from placing FOBs and Rally Points in compromised positions; we were in some tough binds though). The title "veterans only" was more or less just stating that he wanted only those who would communicate, because he seemed welcoming of all people. Either way, I played through three rounds with him and several of the same squad members.
      We had a very small TG presence on the server, and many inexperienced squad leaders, but I encouraged our squad to use local chat to talk to all players and Trennn also collaborated with the other SL's throughout the round. We had our troubles, but the first two rounds I believe we had a squad score of over 20,000, and this third round we had 34k (renamed squad defense squad). We were playing defense generally for all three rounds, and it went well.

Scoreboard of round 3 [Moderator, if you can put spoiler tag on this to reduce viewing size, it would be appreciated]

Additional points and critique
      • Something I noticed [again] was the need for experienced Squad Leaders. I myself am not confident enough in the position to take it, but these rounds today had many who were brand new (I had one player ask our squad if we could teach his squad leader how to lay down a rally point; I taught him through local chat and it went very well). As Jeepo and others are saying, creating "LEARN TG" squads will surely open the door for individual mentor-ship as well as possibly bringing in some new players to our forums.
      • Finally, making sure those around us are aware of friendly positions is critical. I myself had to dodge my own teammate's bullets for about 7 seconds as he unsuccessfully shot about a full clip at me while I'm yelling in the local coms FRIIIIIEEENNDDLLYYY. Getting back-capped and so forth can cause these confusions, but certainly be aware of your friendly surroundings.
      • I'm not sure how a score of 93,000+ loses to a score of ~57,000; this goes to show I have much to learn of the game mechanics and tickets relation to score.
      Last edited by Penguins227; 12-17-2015, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguins227 View Post
        Squad LeaderI'm not sure how a score of 93,000+ loses to a score of ~57,000; this goes to show I have much to learn of the game mechanics and tickets relation to score.[/LIST]
        Look at the team k/d ratios. ;)

So right now, it's all about defending and capping flags for the +/- 20 tickets and destroying FOBs for those +/- 10 tickets. But good overall team k/d is still very much important.
        The rest of the points (not tickets) like medic points or staying within a defense flag radius don't matter at all. The score points are like "Whose Line is it Anyways?". "The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter".
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/DesmoLocke
        Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/desmolocke/profile

Comment

Shoutout to my first Squad squad. Inherited SL last night from someone who was understandably overwhelmed and was lucky enough to have a group of guys with the patience to stay together while I learned the controls on the fly. Supposedly reading the manual is pretty helpful in these matters but I wouldnt know.

Dont remember the map or anyone's names, sorry guys. I was a little preoccupied with advanced concepts like moving from point A to point B and setting a rally. If you recall some fool in squad voip pretending like he was in control while constantly babbling about moving south then I might be your man. Hopefully some of you made it to the forum.

Point is you did yourselves proud by following my questionable orders and working as a team. It made it a memorable round for me and I hope to see you out there again.

Comment

Reposting because I want more credit! :)

Going Ninja in the woods today on a full server.....

So close to that holy grail of a clean round.

Comment

[MENTION=15691]Jeepo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6577]experiment626[/MENTION] used their old man mind tricks and made me squad lead for a round. I survived the whole round, thanks to super competent medics! (4 revives, no deaths!).

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
                [MENTION=15691]Jeepo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6577]experiment626[/MENTION] used their old man mind tricks and made me squad lead for a round. I survived the whole round, thanks to super competent medics! (4 revives, no deaths!).
                I'm younger than you!

But nice work, the holy grail is a clean round! Be sure to point the Squad members to the forums if the shore aptitude and TG qualities!

Comment

That feeling when [MENTION=28482]Bear61[/MENTION] is behind you and he's suppressing the target in front of you with 1, no 5, no 15 clips of LMG fire.

Had a good round.

Comment

Is it just me, or do AKs suck???:
                    Last edited by experiment626; 12-18-2015, 08:36 AM. Reason: Gun pron

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Originally posted by Penguins227 View Post
                      That feeling when @<u><a href="http://www.tacticalgamer.com/member.php?u=28482" target="_blank">Bear61</a></u> is behind you and he's suppressing the target in front of you with 1, no 5, no 15 clips of LMG fire.

Had a good round.
                      That was the first time I got to use the 249. Loved it! Awesome night last night! GG's, and thanks to Baron52 for SL'ing all night.

Comment

Interesting - in my first game I was on the US side and I heard *nothing* but complaints about how overpowered the AK's were in Squad :)

The M4 ACOG does have serious advantages at range, because you can't hit what you can't see. But on Sumari Bali, where everything is close range, I didn't feel the AK was under powered. Neither did the US guys I shot in the back ;)

Comment

The best part of last night was spotting a contact and hearing Bear hold down lmb for a good 10 seconds. Bear light show is best light show!
                          Battle is an orgy of disorder.-George S. Patton

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Another fantastic TG squad prepares for battle! Thanks again to Baron and Zho for some great squad leading. You guys always put us in a good position to do max damage, it's so fun.

Comment

I wasn't able to finish my first round as a Squad Leader (didn't tell anyone that though, ha!) due to family obligations, but I just wanted to say thanks to all those in my squad and [MENTION=22159]Masterjack[/MENTION] in particular for helping me out and working together. Jack gave me several suggestions and helped when I was a bit too cautious. It was a good time.

How did it go, by the way? I left after we took back our back-cap and were fighting through the city center.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X