How to help your SL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to help your SL

Squad leading is one of the hardest things to do in Squad. I think this list can help us all be better squad members.

Talk to your SL - don’t be afraid to mention something to your SL that you think he may be missing. Your SL has a ton of chatter in his ear and is trying to put the squad in the best position.
    Help a brotha out!

Medics - If you are a medic your voice needs to be heard. Once a player is down, the medic should be able to confirm if a revive is in the works or even possible. This game is not bf 2 where a medic fights on the front lines. A medic should always be in the back of the squad and ready to give aid.

Contacts - When you have a contact give a heading and an estimated range over squad chat as soon as possible.

Orders - When your squad lead gives a direction or order for the squad make sure that you echo it. This is extremely helpful for the squad lead. If you only do one thing from this list please echo orders.

A little side note. If you are in a squad with a SL who is talking and trying to be effective, give as much help as you can. We can't be so quick to judge someone who is doing the hardest thing in the game. Until we all squad lead we can all hold our judgement of Squad leaders.
    Battle is an orgy of disorder.-George S. Patton

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. Thomas Jefferson

Re: How to help your SL

Please!!!

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Talk to your SL - don’t be afraid to mention something to your SL that you think he may be missing.
      Heck yeah. Squad is information overload v2.0, and it's so hard to keep everything straight without SMs who are helpful.
      People like Nix, Bear, Baron, Zippy, John Flenaly - they just interrupt me and say something important. And I love it. Don't be afraid to do what it takes to get your SL's attention when bad things are happening.

Orders - When your squad lead gives a direction or order for the squad make sure that you echo it. This is extremely helpful for the squad lead. If you only do one thing from this list please echo orders.
      Once again, heck yeah. A TGer repeating the heading we're marching toward is the #1 most useful thing. Squad cohesion is really tough with three people talking at once.

If you are in a squad with a SL who is talking and trying to be effective, give as much help as you can. We can't be so quick to judge someone who is doing the hardest thing in the game. Until we all squad lead we can all hold our judgement of Squad leaders.
      Haha, this is hands down true. I would strongly encourage every TGer to SL as soon as possible. It's probably the number one way you can improve as a player, and the number one way you can improve as an effective squad member.

Comment

Great post Baron. As a medic in-game, you are so correct. The few times I go in for "hot/dangerous" revives are when the squad is on the brink of a wipe-out. Otherwise, I just chill in the back and wait as long as I can for the revive to be safer.
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Something I have thought about doing after running SL a few times to cut down on the info overload is to have the squad use local voice and only use radio when out of range. Also, when using your SL comm channel, instead of using the G key you can use your numpad to open a direct line to the squad you are trying to speak with so information is sent to the right squad and not broadcast to all teams.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X