Alpha 3.8 Rolling out now!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha 3.8 Rolling out now!

Large number of bug fixes in this hotfix, including an attempt to fix the disconnect issue, fixes to Ping on the server browser, and more. Also in this hotfix we are pushing live a new set of Texture Streaming settings, which fixes a possible hitch when turning rapidly, and helps increase performance overall. If you've been having low FPS, let us know how this patch works for you.

Alpha 3.8

Fixed a bug where the FOV could be set outside the range
    Further pass on optimizing the animation system
    Fixed an incorrect name on Sumari
    Fixed a possible performance issue in the Animation System on AMD processors
    Fixed a server crash when creating a squad
    Fixed an issue where aim offsets would be wrong when aiming down
    Fixed an issue where the recruit kit was not being given to people who leave the squad This change was delayed.
    Fixed an issue where the gamemode rules weren't being shown on map switch
    Disabled Framerate smoothing by default (was causing FPS lock on certain machines)
    Further pass on the map legend to ensure that all gamemodes were covered
    Fixed a bug where Rally Point Error Messages were being sent to the wrong player
    Added new sounds for Prone Movement and Sprinting
    Fixed Ammo Crates posting a message on the HUD when used
    Added 'Streamer Mode' to the game options. This disables the Server Name on the scoreboard and a few other things
    Fixed destroying friendly FOBs would deduct your team's tickets
    Adjusted the attenuation settings on rocket flybys
    Added placement sounds for Rally Points
    Fixed Fools Road not being properly randomized when selecting a random variation
    Fixed an issue where the server would look up UserSettings for every player joining the server
    Enabled texture streaming and increased the texture streaming settings
    Updated the Lod Bias on every asset, vastly improving Video Memory usage and rendering speed
    Fixed a bug where the 'End Use' message would not be sent when a player died while using an object. Fixes the Ammo crate menu sticking around when you died while using it.
    Fixed a visual 'jumping' when a player is revived and goes into prone
    Upped the spawn delay on FOBs from 5s per enemy to 10s per enemy in the radius
    Added better logging when players are disconnected from servers to help debug the disconnection issues
    Changed 'Training' to 'Firing Range' on the main menu
    Fixed a server crash when validating player inventories
    Added Ping to the server browser
    Fixed a display issue with scoreboard pings (they were too high)
    Fixed a possible cause of the disconnect bug, where players were attempting to switch to an empty weapon
    Changed the handling of the Server Name, so it'll update more often
    Removed some extra ammo crates in Fools Road
    Improved the handling of getting stuck in objects

Re: Alpha 3.8 Rolling out now!

Originally posted by Nix View Post
    Large number of bug fixes in this hotfix, including an attempt to fix the disconnect issue, fixes to Ping on the server browser, and more. Also in this hotfix we are pushing live a new set of Texture Streaming settings, which fixes a possible hitch when turning rapidly, and helps increase performance overall. If you've been having low FPS, let us know how this patch works for you.

Alpha 3.8

Fixed a bug where the FOV could be set outside the range
    Further pass on optimizing the animation system
    Fixed an incorrect name on Sumari
    Fixed a server crash when creating a squad
    Fixed an issue where aim offsets would be wrong when aiming down
    Fixed an issue where the recruit kit was not being given to people who leave the squad This change was delayed.
    Fixed an issue where the gamemode rules weren't being shown on map switch
    Disabled Framerate smoothing by default (was causing FPS lock on certain machines)
    Further pass on the map legend to ensure that all gamemodes were covered
    Fixed a bug where Rally Point Error Messages were being sent to the wrong player
    Added new sounds for Prone Movement and Sprinting
    Fixed Ammo Crates posting a message on the HUD when used
    Added 'Streamer Mode' to the game options. This disables the Server Name on the scoreboard and a few other things
    Fixed destroying friendly FOBs would deduct your team's tickets
    Adjusted the attenuation settings on rocket flybys
    Added placement sounds for Rally Points
    Fixed Fools Road not being properly randomized when selecting a random variation
    Fixed an issue where the server would look up UserSettings for every player joining the server
    Enabled texture streaming and increased the texture streaming settings
    Updated the Lod Bias on every asset, vastly improving Video Memory usage and rendering speed
    Fixed a bug where the 'End Use' message would not be sent when a player died while using an object. Fixes the Ammo crate menu sticking around when you died while using it.
    Fixed a visual 'jumping' when a player is revived and goes into prone
    Upped the spawn delay on FOBs from 5s per enemy to 10s per enemy in the radius
    Added better logging when players are disconnected from servers to help debug the disconnection issues
    Changed 'Training' to 'Firing Range' on the main menu
    Fixed a server crash when validating player inventories
    Added Ping to the server browser
    Fixed a display issue with scoreboard pings (they were too high)
    Fixed a possible cause of the disconnect bug, where players were attempting to switch to an empty weapon
    Changed the handling of the Server Name, so it'll update more often
    Removed some extra ammo crates in Fools Road
    Improved the handling of getting stuck in objects
    Thanks Nix - Great first post! :)

Server is updating as we speak.

Comment

This is just the start of them fixing the AMD CPU performance issue. More improvements still to come.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/93...ha-38-is-live/

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

I hope they resolve the AMD issues soon as it becomes unplayable for me after about 5 minutes.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Did they fix the firing range so you can use kits beside recruit?

Comment

AMD performance seems improved per Wicks.

Just as a heads-up, there seems to be a new stability issue introduced with this build as our server crashed before the first round completed. I had multiple reports from other players that this was happening on other servers as well. I've sent logs to the DEV team. Hopefully they can find it and fix it soon.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
              Did they fix the firing range so you can use kits beside recruit?
              I tried, and not yet. :(

Comment

I tried, and not yet. :(
                That's too bad. I really want to be able practice the LMGs, AT, and UGLs in a low pressure, not messing up other people's game time, environment :)

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
                  That's too bad. I really want to be able practice the LMGs, AT, and UGLs in a low pressure, not messing up other people's game time, environment :)
                  I was hoping to try out the ACOG and Sniper scope fix as well.

Comment

Bit of confusion due to gunfire - I'm on Intel/Nvidia so I can't speak for amd but I personally am seeing a small performance boost. It still drops on a full server but better is still better.

Comment

I was hoping to try out the ACOG and Sniper scope fix as well.
                      if you guys go to training and once the map loads press the tilde' key...then type in Admin......

It will give you a bunch of options...go to the top of the list. I don't remember what it is exaclty but you enable all kits by typing a 1 and hitting enter. That should enable you to try all the kits on the training map.

good luck

Chappie

Comment

Originally posted by Chappie View Post
                        if you guys go to training and once the map loads press the tilde' key...then type in Admin......

It will give you a bunch of options...go to the top of the list. I don't remember what it is exaclty but you enable all kits by typing a 1 and hitting enter. That should enable you to try all the kits on the training map.

good luck

Chappie
                        Worked perfectly! Thanks!

Also, ranged scopes are now shooting right on target instead of a little right. Was having no issues hitting targets with Snipers at 500m.

Comment

Also, ranged scopes are now shooting right on target instead of a little right. Was having no issues hitting targets with Snipers at 500m.
                          Thank god! This was so frustrating at long ranges.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X