Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple proposal.

Good afternoon Gents!

I know I am new here, but I have a suggestion I think we should try.

Instead of all TG members stacking 1 or 2 squads, lets get those of us who can Squad Lead to spread out as Squad Leaders over various other squads so we can help the new players learn, and also not appear to be stacking the squads. I know that every non TG player would love to play with a tagged member on our home server and this would give us a chance to do that AND it can help us coordinate with multiple squads a little more cohesively.

Just a thought, let me know what you guys think!

Re: A simple proposal.

I approve of this suggestion. It would surely set us apart from what I've seen from other groups.

Comment

Agreed completely. We need more Learn TG squads started by competent SLs and spread the wealth. Only way for people to learn is to teach them.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Do it!
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/DesmoLocke
        Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/desmolocke/profile

Comment

I've been making it a point to SL on the non-stacked team recently, and aside from a couple loan wolves the pub players have been awesome. Squad has drawn in an excellent crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by disposableHero View Post
            Agreed completely. We need more Learn TG squads started by competent SLs and spread the wealth. Only way for people to learn is to teach them.
            Do you think maybe there are fewer of these Learn TG squads because not all of us feel like we would be competent squad leaders? That's my main reason for not Squad Leading. I would love to do so myself and bring in people to the community through good leadership, but I am worried I'll not live up to the TG name.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosati View Post
              I've been making it a point to SL on the non-stacked team recently, and aside from a couple loan wolves the pub players have been awesome. Squad has drawn in an excellent crowd.
              I have to agree with this completely. I lead a few squads today of almost entirely non-TG players and we had a great time. There's a lot of teamwork out there, folks. Let's spread ourselves out and start building this community back up!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by Penguins227 View Post
                Do you think maybe there are fewer of these Learn TG squads because not all of us feel like we would be competent squad leaders?
                The only incompetent squad leader is the one who is not talking and trying to lead his squad. Just think how many squads are out there with a leader who does not have a mic. We are TG and we can give the random player a pretty darn good experience on our server. As Shia Labeouf said JUST DO IT. Squad lead for a round and expose more people to what TG has to offer.
                Battle is an orgy of disorder.-George S. Patton

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Do you think maybe there are fewer of these Learn TG squads because not all of us feel like we would be competent squad leaders? That's my main reason for not Squad Leading. I would love to do so myself and bring in people to the community through good leadership, but I am worried I'll not live up to the TG name.
                  I want to lead. I want to be one of those SL's people wait to join in on. But I'm a bit clueless on overall strategy for Squad leading. I have most of the mechanics down but I'm a little weak on the tactics.

I'd like to call for a TGU class for squad leading in Squad. In fact this is a perfect time to introduce basic infantry and fire team ops classes as well.

So you know. My plan as a squad leader is to operate with two fire teams and a command element. I tried leading twice, not on the TG server, and it was like herding cats.

Squad and fire team cohesion and effective medics will be a key factor to success I think for this title.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I have SL a few times, still getting the basics down. I learn something new everyday, just let your squad know you are learning and that suggestions are welcome. Most people I have played with are very helpful and have explained parts of the game I didn't fully understand. The community has been really good, I have yet to run across a problem with back seat SL's or lone wolves.

Comment

I would love to do so myself and bring in people to the community through good leadership, but I am worried I'll not live up to the TG name.
                      It's been said before, but to echo it again, I think the key to squad leading is really just to be a good communicator. You don't need to be an expert to get things done and have people enjoying themselves. Unfortunantly, the only way to build that confidence is to just do it and make a few mistakes. Give people clear direction, let them know what your game plan is, key them in on the bigger picture and with what other squads are doing, and be open to criticism.

Comment

We can do a TG learn Squad where the SL is learning as well and the SL gets a TG member in there who can help. Just tell us what you want in TS and I'm sure someone will gladly help guide you in becoming a Squad leader.

PS:Starting tomorrow I'll be away for 3 weeks on a nice vacation cruise so I will not be able to help till I get back.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Totally agreed.

Unstacking and having more TGers in Squad Leading positions would greatly benefit the community in augmenting our number of competent leader but would also benefit the non-TG community in providing them with competent squad lead and effective inter-squad cooperation. Thus showing an exemple and setting the pace for how we set the standards for our server.

Ive been in too many games where the lack of communication between the squads cost us victory or just totally ruined what couldve been a fun time despite a defeat.

This can be nothing but a win-win situation.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                          The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Masterjack View Post
                            We can do a TG learn Squad where the SL is learning as well and the SL gets a TG member in there who can help. Just tell us what you want in TS and I'm sure someone will gladly help guide you in becoming a Squad leader.
                            I feel like this has happened before. ;)

Comment

I've learned more from other people running squads than I have "Learned" to other players. Maybe we should rename "Learn TG" to "TG Learning". Great group of players indeed!
                              Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X