X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporting Member Slots!

Supporting Member Slots

TacticalGamer offers the opportunity to join the Squad server at any time for our Supporting Members via the Reserved Slot mechanism present in Squad. As the game is continuously evolving, the information contained in this post may change from release to release. If you have any questions, please contact one of our admins and we will be happy to answer your questions.

How to get your Reserved Slot:

Step 1: You will need to become a Supporting Member of TacticalGamer.

Step 2: You will need to add your Steam64ID to your TacticalGamer.com forum profile. To find your Steam64ID, please follow these instructions:
    • Open your Steam client, go to the menu Steam > Settings > Interface
    • Check the box that says "Display Steam URL address bar when available"
    • Go to your Steam Profile page available on the drop-down menu from your profile name
    • Copy the entire URL displayed in the address bar for your Steam profile
    • Go to this URL: https://steamid.io/lookup
    • Paste your Steam profile URL you copied from your profile page into the Lookup field and click "Lookup"
    • From the results, copy your Steam64ID. This will be a number that starts with 765.....
    • Place this ID in your Profile settings here --> https://www.tacticalgamer.com/settings/profile

Once you've done this, you will be ready to join the server via a Reserved Slot. It may take up to 15 minutes for the Squad server to be updated with your information to utilize a Reserved Slot. Once your information is available on the server, it will require the server to change maps before you will be able to join, so be patient, it will happen. If you feel that your information is not making it to the server or have any questions, please contact one of our admins and they will be happy to investigate.

How Reserved Slots work:

Great! You've got your reserved slot, so you can join any time you want, right? Well, that's not necessarily the case, at least not yet.

Reserved slots work like this: The server currently has a capacity of 78 public slots and 2 Reserved Slots. If any of the 78 public slots are available, joining players will occupy one of those and anyone can join. Once all 78 public slots are taken, only players that have the ability to join a Reserved Slot can join. Doing so places that player into one of the two available Reserved Slots. When a player in a public slot drops from the server, the server will then move one of the players currently occupying a Reserved Slot into a public slot, thereby freeing up the Reserved Slot that the player was occupying. If all of the public slots and both Reserved Slots are occupied, no one will be able to join the server regardless of the player having access to a Reserved Slot or not.

What do you do if this is the case? There are two options available to you. You can hop into our Teamspeak server and speak with one of our Squad admins about freeing a slot for you. If you opt to do this be patient as the admin may be occupied and determining a player to remove to make room can take some time.

The second option available is to wait in the Server Queue (new to release Alpha 9.2). The queue works like this:

• Auto-joins when there is room (Although that should be assumed.)
    • No limits on queues as many people as long as they want.
    • Queues split by public and reserve, reserve joins first.
    • No more wasted loading times. No longer loading to see "Server is full".
    serverqueues.jpg

So as you can see, players with Reserved Slot privileges have priority over those without, which will get you into the server as fast as possible.
    Last edited by disposableHero; 05-03-2017, 08:26 AM.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Supporting Member Slots!

Finished. Will be testing later in the week then. Thank ya!
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

All done! Thanks for the hard work!

Comment

Updated and posted. Thank you.

Comment

Ok Gang, SM script is running.

I'm not sure exactly how it's going to behave, but please make sure you add your Steam64 ID to your Profile page per the instructions in the OP and let's see what happens. I would greatly appreciate feedback in this thread if you are able to join on a full server or not. Remember, you have to be a SM AND have your Steam 64 ID in your profile for this to work. Also, please be advised that it could take up to 15 minutes for your permissions to get migrated up to the Squad server, so if you update your ID and you cannot join immediately please wait at least 15 minutes before telling someone it is broken.

If you have problems, please speak with me in TS or post in the Contact an Admin forum.

Thanks gang, and have fun!

Comment

Update:

I've been told that the reserve slot system should be working by Merlin (OWI developer), so for any of you who have a supporting membership and wish to join the server when it is full I would ask that you please try to do so and let me know if you have success or not.

Please remember, for this to work, we need your Steam 64 Id in your profile here AND you need to be a Supporting Member. Please see the OP for instructions on how to do this. It may take up to 15-30 minutes from when you input your Id until it propagates onto the server, but once it is there you should be golden.

Thanks!

Comment

well,
              I went ahead and became a supporting member again! woohoo...
              So I imagine I'll be testing this out tonight sometime.

thanks!
              Chappie

Comment

Squad brings us yet another SM! Welcome aboard Chappie!

Comment

Working 100% on my end.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                  The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
                    Working 100% on my end.
                    Awesome! See you on the server, Xmaster.
                    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Does this only apply to TG or all Supporting members? I was unable to get back in after steam decided to do maint. Eventually someone left and i got in.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCGhost44 View Post
                        Does this only apply to TG or all Supporting members? I was unable to get back in after steam decided to do maint. Eventually someone left and i got in.
                        Did you follow the instructions in the first post? You need to retrieve your Steam 64 ID and place it in your profile, per the instructions.

Comment

Yes, it's in my profile under steam id.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCGhost44 View Post
                            Yes, it's in my profile under steam id.
                            Steam ID, or Squad Steam64Id? See the image in the first post - both of those fields are available in your profile and you need to have your Steam64Id in the Squad field in order for the SM slot to work. The Steam64Id is different than your Steam Id.

EDIT: I can confirm that you are not in the list of SMs on the server, so you need to follow the instructions in the first post.

Comment

ok, thanks, i didnt see that there was a second steam id that needed entered, i only put the first one. I will get the 64id entered as soon as i get home from work. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X