This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gaunt View Post
    If you guys are enjoying the server and supporting it, PM me about joining TG if you have questions. I'm sure I don't know as much as others but I'm not shy to ask the higher ups. It's a great group of gamer's, mature and tactical.
    Sent PM to you and Asta85

Comment

Got it my friend! Thank you for the SM, and welcome to the community! Feel free to read and join the conversation.

Comment

Welcome Takker!

Comment

Lovin' the supporting member slots. Totally worth not waiting to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by theBunnie View Post
            Lovin' the supporting member slots. Totally worth not waiting to get in.
            Welcome, and thanks for supporting!

Comment

Bunnie, now just get Expendable to join the club so he isn't waiting around as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaunt View Post
                Bunnie, now just get Expendable to join the club so he isn't waiting around as well!
                I did over a week ago. My impatience beat the crap out of my frugality.

Comment

Originally posted by ExpendableCrew View Post

I did over a week ago. My impatience beat the crap out of my frugality.
                  Don't forget the other SM benefits, not just the server slot! :)

Comment

Hey, my server slot privileges aren't working right now. Did the update break something? I think I set it up for auto renew.

Comment

Hmmm, it seems to be working - try jump onto the server tonight when its full and we can see.

Comment

Originally posted by theBunnie View Post
                        Hey, my server slot privileges aren't working right now. Did the update break something? I think I set it up for auto renew.
                        Since we do not have the ability to run an independent script against the server right now, our SM join process relies entirely on the in-game reserved slot functionality. This means that even if you have a reserved slot, you may not be able to join the server immediately.

This is how it works:

The server has 72 normal slots + 2 reserved slots. It will show as 72(2) in the server browser.

When attempts to join the server at 72/72:
                        ) If they have a reserved slot, they join and they occupy 1/2 reserved slots, so the server will now have 73 players with 1 reserved slot left.
                        ) If they do not have a reserved slot, they will not be able to join.

So long as the server remains at 73(1), there will only be 1 reserved slot left. As soon as another player leaves the server, the server moves the player currently occupying 1 of the reserved slots to a normal slot, and the server will return to 72(2) status.

When both reserved slots are full (server is at 74 players), no one else can join, not even someone with a reserved slot, as both reserved slots are currently occupied. Once a player leaves, the server will shift a player in a reserved slot to a normal slot and free up the reserved slot.

So that is how the reserved slot system currently works and explains how players may not be able to join, even if they have a reserved slot.

Hopefully in the future we are given the ability to run scripts against the server to manage our SMs the way we want to, which would be to allow a SM to join at any point regardless of player count.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
                        |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

I wondered what the number in the brackets represented. Thanks for the info.

Comment

So why not setup our server as 72/84? Have lots of supporting member slots so we don't have to wait as long as 2 min to get on the server?

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
                              So why not setup our server as 72/84? Have lots of supporting member slots so we don't have to wait as long as 2 min to get on the server?
                              Because our current hardware is not approved to run 80 players.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
                              |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

I finally no longer have to wait untill the round ends to get a spot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X