Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consistent difficulties with finding the server.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consistent difficulties with finding the server.

Hello everyone, this post is to explain an issue I have been experiencing with Squad.
    I have had very little success with finding our lovely server via the Server Browser. I have only connected one time. Nearly every time I update the server list, I get many servers ranging from full to populated to empty. Almost never does the TG server show up.
    Has anyone else experienced this issue or anything like it? I have restarded several times and verified my game cache, but to no effect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Re: Consistent difficulties with finding the server.

Hang in there Fingolfin, I believe there were one or two other TG'rs having a similar issue (I don't know why sadly) and hopefully someone will be able to help.

Comment

I am having this exact issue. I tried for 3 hours this morning and no joy yet. Using Kaspersky and wondering if that may be my issue at this point. I am 400% sure I have no problem getting a connection to the server ;)

I've tried joining direct through squad.rocks, even direct through steam...no luck. I'll post up the link for that and lets see if it helps...to the other machine...
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Damn. Have you guys tried posting in the Squad subreddit? reddit.com/r/joinsquad. That may get you more eyes.

I was with Fin last night for about an hour while the poor guy tried to join. I'd never heard of an issue like this before.

Comment

This is something that should be brought up to the Squad team. I wish there was something we could do to help you guys out, but this one is out of our pay grade.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I've joined through Steam friends list. Are you guys saying that isn't working for you?
            Btw, Squad.rocks knows their connect feature isn't working yet... but that isn't run by Offworld Industries.

Comment

I've had multiple friends join me via Steam. Did that not work? It's more of a workaround and not a solution I know.
              YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/DesmoLocke
              Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/desmolocke/profile

Comment

The join game on steam friends is grey and unavailable. Thats what is really strange to me.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Just posted up at Squad in the relevant thread. http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/90...s/#entry151395
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

A post on the Dev internal forums thinks this is due to Kaspersky anti-virus and several players with Kaspersky have reported this as well. It may be Kaspersky doesn't play well with Steam (or just with Unreal Engine).

Comment

For what it's worth, I have used Kaspersky AV (business edition, because I have too many PCs at home...) for years and it's never caused a problem with steam. Also I can find the TG server when I look.

Comment

Interesting. I'll pass this along.

Comment

One of the other Devs said that Kaspersky was 100% the problem when another player had server list problems. As soon as they disabled Kaspersky, the problem went away. So Unkl... maybe check your settings/ports.

Comment

Interesting because I have had this problem but never had Kapersky. Maybe about 30% of the time I update the server list, I get a result of about 15-20 servers, and TG is not one. I will refresh it a few times and normally it will return.

Comment

Seems like newer versions (2015+?) of Kaspersky have problems with server browsers in general, as I've had a similar issue with Kaspersky and CSGO. Would assume it's something with the DOS protection but even with it disabled it still seems to cause issues, so no clue where the issue lies.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X