This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 3.9 just dropped

As the title says Patch 3.9 just dropped and is available now on Steam. Change log from the Squad Forums Official Announcement:

Hi Squaddies,

We hope that you all had a great New Years, and now that a majority of the development team is back at work, wed like to put out a new update, version 3.9 of the current Alpha build of Squad. Contained are a number of Steam usability improvements, heaps of performance updates, Server browser improvements and other goodies.

Alpha 3.9 Changelog

Improved client performance related to optimizations in the anim system
    Fixed kit allocations not working in many situations
    Updated Militia player models with new components, distinguishing them further from other factions
    Performance improvements to the Militia player models
    Leaving a squad now replaces your kit
    Improved Steam authentication for better stability
    Allows for joining on Steam friends
    Allows for joining servers via web browser sites
    Increased server connection timeout, decreasing the amount of unintentional disconnects
    Increased server browser timeout
    Increased timeout for joining a map to allow people with low spec pcs to load the game, without being kicked unintentionally by the server for timeout
    Added SteamID to showplayerids
    Fixed banning by ID issues
    Improved performance of explosion effects
    Added the ability to reset keybindings
    Separated out the default button in each section of the settings menu, pressing default now only resets the current menus settings.
    Players can now cancel joining the firing range in menu
    Fixed incorrect access level for banning
    Fixed a few server crashes

Weve still got heaps in the chamber coming later this month, so please stay tuned to our webpage, forums and Steam community page for the latest.

Offworld Out.

Great news, fingers crossed on the performance improvements.

Re: Patch 3.9 just dropped

Yeah, I stopped playing, because I figured it out. Once it passed around 60 players, my 60+ fps drops into the 40's, and that was unplayable. Not sure if that is included in the optimization or not.

Comment

I don't see anything about fixes to the ticket system.........

Comment

I played a few hours on the patch. Different insurgent models are good. There is a small glitch on the insurgent SL skin.

Fps is up for me ~10 ish on average across the maps.

Still can't hop walls. [emoji45]

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost1Bravo View Post
          I don't see anything about fixes to the ticket system.........
          It's in there. It just didn't make the release notes.

So yes, all flags will cost tickets now if lost! This should bring some focus and urgency back on the flags.

Comment

Originally posted by AFsoccer View Post

So yes, all flags will cost tickets now if lost! This should bring some focus and urgency back on the flags.
            Great to hear!

Comment

Had a blast on the server tonight...I dig the new militia skins. But a few times they had no legs!!! I shot a couple of militia running up a hill and they had no legs!! Lol!! Very strange indeed!

Chappie

Comment

Originally posted by AFsoccer View Post
                That and the news sounds for M4s and RPGs. I wish you guys were more thorough with the release notes. I realize you can't fit every little thing in there. I just want the things people are clamoring for (ticket fix) or the things people are guaranteed to notice (like sounds). :)

With that said, it's been a great patch for me! I finally got to play it tonight. The Militia skins aren't as bad as people are making it out to be. You guys really only changed the one model that looked really similar to the Russians which is nice. The rest still look awesome! I definitely have noticed the flags being more important. 2 rounds ended tonight more quickly than they would have in the last patch because we had control of the map. Good stuff OWI devs!
                YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/DesmoLocke
                Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/desmolocke/profile

Comment

Sorry about that. It was primarily a hotfix patch and not a full update, so we didn't dwell on the release notes like we normally would. But I agree. I even had to confirm with the coders that the flag ticket fix made it in.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X