Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAC Disconnects

This is from the Squad forums:

Hey folks-- so myself and a number of friends were getting disconnected from servers following the update with the following error:
    Disconnected by EAC (Easy Anti Cheat)

The solution is as follows:

Go to your steamapps/common/squad/EasyAntiCheat folder there is an Easy Anti Cheat Installer-- Simply Run the installer (Much like you had to manually install Punkbuster for other games) Restart steam and it should be good to go. Haven't received that disconnect error since.

Happy hunting!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: EAC Disconnects

Looks like there were some pretty serious problems with EAC yesterday. It appears as though the EAC team has addressed the issue, which was preventing people from launching Squad or joining a server as well as dramatically increased launch times.

If you have any issues launching the game, please check this thread: http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/12...tlaunch/page-1

Comment

I Actually had to uninstall EAC and Reinstall it in order to get it to work.

[/center]

Comment

Can no longer launch the game from Steam, fix didn't help unfortunately.

Comment

Well, I had enough problems with the game that last night I completely uninstalled it then downloaded again and reinstalled. Fixed the problems. I just wonder if it isn't a combination of EAC problems along with a bad update install? It's kind of the last resort, but it seems to have worked just fine, so if anyone is still having issues try the nuclear option.

Comment

I've done a couple or reinstalls already on different drives, sigh. I'll give it another go tonight.

EDIT: Reinstalled again, I run it, eventually the window for the game tries to open and then shuts down immediately lol.
            Last edited by Wicks; 02-18-2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I think the solution from the dev team is "Buy a new computer"

Comment

Originally posted by disposableHero View Post
                "But this computer ran PR just fine..."

Comment

Lol, well it runs all my other games fine bizarrely (Rainbow 6 Siege, Arma, Fallout 4 etc). Has a Dev even commented on any of the tech support forums at Squad. I see community members responding trying to help, don't recall a response from an actual Dev but I may have missed it. Still good job them, it's clearly not an issue lol. Still I won't miss staring at the blurry graphics or janky frame rates due to the animation system they are using. Perhaps they'll fix them when they release a patch to undo the last one lol. Early access I suppose and all that.

Comment

We are working with EAC to make the load times faster and ensure it launches correctly. We don't expect you to make any drastic changes, like buying a new computer, as we are confident this will get resolved by EAC. They have been very active in supporting the dev team and they want to make it right.

Comment

Thanks Soccer, I appreciate the heads up, I'm a little bitter clearly about all the reinstalls lol.

Comment

I was kinda trying to get under Wicks skin with the "new computer" solution. I think it worked. :)

Comment

LOL, no worries. One of our coders is having disconnect errors due to EAC, so he feels your pain and has incentive to get it sorted.

Comment

Hey folks-- so myself and a number of friends were getting disconnected from servers following the update with the following error:
                            Disconnected by EAC (Easy Anti Cheat)

The solution is as follows:

Go to your steamapps/common/squad/EasyAntiCheat folder there is an Easy Anti Cheat Installer-- Simply Run the installer (Much like you had to manually install Punkbuster for other games) Restart steam and it should be good to go. Haven't received that disconnect error since.

Happy hunting!

Adittional Solution: UNINSTALL EAC, Then Re-install EAC -> Restart Steam.

[/center]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X