Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I finally decided to give Squad a try..I felt friggin useless.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I finally decided to give Squad a try..I felt friggin useless.

I've spent a few hours on the "shooting range" to familiarize myself with the controls and weapons from various factions and read through the manual. I thought I was ready to jump online and play so tonight I did.

Well , I tried to stay with the squad but kept losing sight of them..had to keep bringing up the mini-map to see where I was and where everyone else was.

The squad engaged the enemy but I had no idea where or what to shoot at.

The second game I played was no different.

It was frustrating to say the least and seemed a lot harder than PR (as far as knowing where to go and what to do) from what I remember.

Maybe I should just stick with simple games..like "WoT'" or "Barbies Pet Rescue" :(
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: So I finally decided to give Squad a try..I felt friggin useless.

Barbies Pet Rescue is indeed a hard game, I cannot even find the start key while running it in the emulator.

Best thing I can suggest is to jump on the server while we are seeding it and use your Squad voice chat or Team speak to announce you are new to the game, as I am, ask the SL stop and let you catch up or buddy with someone and follow them.

While the server is empty/seeding is the best time to try out and ask questions
    Make use of Text chat

My 1st question was "How do I chat?" my next question was "how do I talk", Once that was worked out all I needed to find out was how to RUN.

You can find out when we are seeding or ask questions about squad at https://discord.gg/ECHmmN7

huh and by the way after around ten minutes the music gets on your nerves (Barbies Pet Rescue)

And last...

Welcome to SQUAD

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of Squad Beerhunter!

If you have any questions about Squad, feel free to join the TG Discord - https://discord.gg/0zbgf9BUXefBYz1D There are usually people online there be it admins or just players that will be able to answer any of your questions hopefully.

Also here is a guide that one of the Squad Community members made, hopefully this helps a little bit too - https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/c...tricks_to_get/

Feel free to squad up with me or any of the guys from TG4 and we will be glad to help you :D
      [TG4]baughman

| | |

Comment

Just takes a little time. Things will start to fall into place and then one day you will be saying to yourself "man that was an awesome round" and your KD will be like 3-12 WOOT! Welcome to squad :)

Comment

Thanks but it's not so much the mechanics of the game , it's more of a "where the hell is everyone" , " who shot me?" and "what's everyone shooting at?" :D

Just have to keep trying...
          [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
            Thanks but it's not so much the mechanics of the game , it's more of a "where the hell is everyone" , " who shot me?" and "what's everyone shooting at?" :D

Just have to keep trying...
            Those are questions seasoned veterans have all the time, too. You just have to stick with it. It's not easy on purpose.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by disposableHero View Post
              Those are questions seasoned veterans have all the time, too. You just have to stick with it. It's not easy on purpose.
              So..I guess it's use the mic and ask..
              [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

So..I guess it's use the mic and ask..
                Basically Yes :)

When your team make first contact (or first sighting) you should hear the radio light up with direction information from that players view.

Press your Z key (prone), then look at the map(M) zoom in with the N key.

Grid Reference:

H6 np 4

At the top of the map are the letters and along the side are the numbers find the H column and where the 6 row meets the H column is the area of interest:

That square H6 is subdivided into 9 sections the np part (Number Pad) represents the number pad on the keyboard:

EG:
                [7][8][9]
                [4][5][6]
                [1][2][3]
                np7 = TOP LEFT
                np6 = MIDDLE RIGHT
                np5 = DEAD CENTRE

A player may use Degrees which are the numbers you can see at the bottom of the screen along with point of the compass NSEW, remember theses coordinate are normally related to that player unless a landmark it mentioned.

If you see something, make a note of
                YOUR location
                * Grid Ref + NP

Look at the map and see if any friendlies are marked in that location

Their location
                * Direction from you in Degrees or compass points (or both)
                * Direction THEY are traveling
                * how many seen

Then report this
                eg

NE 'your name' location
                2 enemy spotted running east near H6 NP3

Even if you cannot keep up with the main squad communication is important, let the SL know this.

Open your map and point your self at where you want to go, note the number at the bottom of the screen, close the map and try to keep that number in the middle of the screen, keep opening the map and adjusting as needed.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

"where the hell is everyone"
                  You are the Yellow Arrow :)

If it moved on the map its friendly

moving circles on the map mark other squad members and Number marks Squad leaders. the arrow indicates the direction they are looking.

Look down at your feet:
                  what footwear are you wearing?
                  If you see someone NOT wearing the same type of shoes as you, the chances are they are not your best friend.

Each faction has its own uniform, looking at your feet, lets you know which faction YOU are, as a reminder on who to shoot at.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

vts..ever think of taking up comedy for a living?? "Look down at your feet"... :D

Thanks for the tips .. will keep these in mind.
                    [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

Don't be afraid to speak up, thats the first thing. A lot of us are old hands at Squad/PR and can help you get squared away.

Something I did which helped was I bound all my keys to be the same in PR, which is my most played game. Muscle memory helps in that case.

But for your issue, time and practice man.

Comment

Additionally, a system for most efficient spotting for Squad Leaders to mark enemies is coming along in future updates. Ideally if people followed the rules VTS wrote and called out their targets, the squad lead would be able to mark them all on the map. You can then reference the marker when orienting yourself to the fighting.

Good to see you back Beerhunter.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X